Browse all: Tranmission Guides
Print Wikipost

T56 Shifting Problem Help

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 10:49 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T56 Shifting Problem Help

So ive done a lot of research on here and of course ive ran across the "drill mod" and "tick's master" but im wanting to know what you guys think of my situation with the t56. I got my 01 ws6 a few months ago and it already had real trouble with reverse gear. to back up i really have to ease it carefully without it coming out of gear. Shifting is okay in low rpms but its not as smooth as i think it should be. High rpm shifting feels like im grinding the gear horribly so i dont do that much anymore. But if i gradually increase rpms instead of WOT it will still shift with no grinding. Ive already done the drill mod on the stock master because (it couldnt hurt) i dont think ive bled the clutch quite enough as i should which i will do more today. but do you guys think this is the all too known problem with other cars and i just need an adjustable or is my transmission problem more serious than that?
Old 01-03-2012, 11:15 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jake18
So ive done a lot of research on here and of course ive ran across the "drill mod" and "tick's master" but im wanting to know what you guys think of my situation with the t56. I got my 01 ws6 a few months ago and it already had real trouble with reverse gear. to back up i really have to ease it carefully without it coming out of gear. Shifting is okay in low rpms but its not as smooth as i think it should be. High rpm shifting feels like im grinding the gear horribly so i dont do that much anymore. But if i gradually increase rpms instead of WOT it will still shift with no grinding. Ive already done the drill mod on the stock master because (it couldnt hurt) i dont think ive bled the clutch quite enough as i should which i will do more today. but do you guys think this is the all too known problem with other cars and i just need an adjustable or is my transmission problem more serious than that?
What clutch is in the car?

You need to make sure that it's bled 100%, if this isn't the case do it and check back in.
Old 01-03-2012, 11:22 AM
Staging Lane

as far as i know it has the stock clutch. im going to bleed it today after work and then ill check back in
Old 01-03-2012, 11:28 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jake18
as far as i know it has the stock clutch. im going to bleed it today after work and then ill check back in
That's one thing against it.

Check back with us.
Old 01-03-2012, 07:09 PM
Staging Lane

just finished bleeding the clutch until nothing but fluid came out of the valve (DOT4) went out for a test drive and i dont think it fixed my problem. i cant sit at a stop light with the clutch pedal in for more than about 15 seconds. once i try to release the clutch, its on the floor and jerks forward. still grinds a little in 2nd and 3rd and it didnt let me go into 4th at high rpms. any ideas whats wrong?
Old 01-03-2012, 10:32 PM
On The Tree

synchros? Mine grinds when cold going into 3rd and 4th. I cant go into 5th at all because the 5th synchro is toast.
Old 01-04-2012, 11:06 AM
Staging Lane

no they dont grind when cold. they only grind when hot at high rpms. feels like shifting without the clutch in..
Old 01-04-2012, 11:45 AM
Launching!

I've had all these problems, I've replaced everything with failure. I purchased a ram adjustable master and bleed the clutch with a mity vac, problem solved. Also try dot 3. I've heard bad things about dot 4

Quick Reply: T56 Shifting Problem Help