Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

New SPEC clutch new slave, having peddle problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 06:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New SPEC clutch new slave, having peddle problems

Background, put in a new SPEC 3 clutch and slave 4 months ago. Rcently in the past 2 weeks the peddle is dropping to the floor and sticking at random times. Sometimes the peddle is fine and it shifts no problems, then 10 mins later the peddle hits the floor in first and the car jumps forward. Sometimes I have to pump the clutch for the pressure to build up enought to shift. It makes for some really angry people behind me at a light

Just checked / blead the system of air yesterday. It seemed to helped a little but the same problems are still present. I've read up on a lot of posts here and I'm guessing my next step is a new MC?

Is there something I'm not seeing? Could it be the slave is bad or developed a problem in the last 4 months? Or perhaps it's just time after 63k miles for a new adj MC?
Old 01-21-2012, 07:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im pretty sure it is your master, how old is it? If you are going to get one, get an adjustable one like the tick. I have the tick and its a great piece, no shifting problems, clutch sticking any more. Its well worth the money.
Old 01-21-2012, 07:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Check the floorboard and see if the master is leaking fluid. Could be that, could be a tiny hole in your lines, or it could be that you don't have the system completely bled. However, I would use this as an excuse to get a tick mastercylinder, well worth the money and you will never have to buy another one.

Quick Reply: New SPEC clutch new slave, having peddle problems