Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

LT1 T56 replacement flywheel mark

Old 02-05-2012, 05:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Default LT1 T56 replacement flywheel mark

Factory LT1 flywheels have some kind of mark to line up with the pressure plate. My factory flywheel is long gone and my factory replacement does not have this mark at all. My new clutch has this mark and on its installation page in huge letters it says I need to line these marks up or else the whole deal will be unbalanced.

Is there a relationship to the mark on the front to the weight on the back side? Is it always going to be in the same relative spot? I tried searching even on google images for several stock configurations but could never get shots of multiple flywheels front and back to know for sure.
Old 02-05-2012, 08:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

any possible way the flywheel will bolt on only a certain way, meaning will you have to rotate the flywheel to crank bolt holes until they line up correctly. i know this is how they are on the ls1's.
Old 02-05-2012, 10:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

please read the question before you answer. it had nothing to do with how the flywheel bolts up to the crank.
Old 02-06-2012, 05:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I asked this same question a while ago when I bought my reman. flywheel. I was told to align the yellow mark on the PP as close to the flywheel locating dowel pin as possible. Been running mine that way for many miles, no issues.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LT1 T56 replacement flywheel mark