Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

~Dilemma! No pedal pressure...New Install~

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 09:20 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default ~Dilemma! No pedal pressure...New Install~

Flywheel, PP, Slave, Clutch; all 0 miles...

I cannot get pedal pressure. I have bled with a remote bleeder for over two hours (with speed bleeder sitting in jar of clean fluid). No more bubbles whatsoever. Left in res to check for loss of fluid; steady up and down, no loss. Is it possible the master went bad while I was doing the install? Or did I get sold a bad slave?

I've already had to do 3 pulls, I think I will burn the ****** to the ground before I pull it again...

Thoughts?

Last edited by nimrod.sixty9; 02-12-2012 at 09:33 PM.
Old 02-12-2012, 11:25 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

only other things I can think of is trying to burp the line from the reservoir to master by hand, and disconnect slave from master and use a screwdriver to push in the valve letting gravity get some fluid through the system

I just read a sponsor mentioning those remote bleeders can leak air back into the system so maybe it's not sealing well or something
Old 02-13-2012, 11:30 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by therealcreeper
only other things I can think of is trying to burp the line from the reservoir to master by hand, and disconnect slave from master and use a screwdriver to push in the valve letting gravity get some fluid through the system

I just read a sponsor mentioning those remote bleeders can leak air back into the system so maybe it's not sealing well or something
I not sure if I understand you right; by hand? I pumping a lot of fluid though; right to the bleeder. Comes out smooth and bubble free. You still think there is air in the line and it would cause there to be no peddle?

What do you think of the slave or master?
Old 02-15-2012, 08:02 AM
TECH Regular

Pulled tranny and exchanged slave cyl. Decided to use my old clutch as it seems to be in pretty decent condition. Just hoping my original issue is only hydrolics related.

Will update.
Old 02-15-2012, 09:13 AM
10 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I ran into the exact same problem. I bled for 2 weeks every chance I got a extra body and couldn't get it to do anything. Talked to a mechanic and he said to pull the master back off and disconnect it from the slave and make sure the line going down was higher than the line coming in. Pump it up by hand and it'll presurize. I had done two before and never had a problem but sure enough what he said worked. I to pulled the tranny and changed the slave and had 2 new masters on it. Pumped it twice by hand and started working. I cussed more after it worked than while I was working on it.
Old 02-17-2012, 09:31 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by VandykeT/A
I ran into the exact same problem. I bled for 2 weeks every chance I got a extra body and couldn't get it to do anything. Talked to a mechanic and he said to pull the master back off and disconnect it from the slave and make sure the line going down was higher than the line coming in. Pump it up by hand and it'll presurize. I had done two before and never had a problem but sure enough what he said worked. I to pulled the tranny and changed the slave and had 2 new masters on it. Pumped it twice by hand and started working. I cussed more after it worked than while I was working on it.
Thanks, though it was deff the slave. Replaced the slave and after a bit of bleeding it came to pressurize about halfway up. Two pumps with the knock-off Mity-Vac; pedal fully restored.

Now I have a new problem, though it may be only a question. I now have a bit of chatter. Almost feels like Im not engaging the clutch properly. Though that is not the case as I have driven this thing 100k miles. Is it possible that it just needs to wear in again? Keep in mind that I put back in my old clutch.

Funny thing is; I have gone through four pulls in the last two weeks. Only thing new is the slave (twice). No more pedal on the floor, nor low engaging after high RPM's or WOT.

Quick Reply: ~Dilemma! No pedal pressure...New Install~