Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

clutch questions and bolt sizes????

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 12:45 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clutch questions and bolt sizes????

i bought a t56 with no bell and the bolts are not there. i have searched to try and find the sizes but cant seem to find. i also dont know the size of the bolts that are for the shifter....if anyone has this info please share it with me. also i bought a spec flywheel and it has 2 alignment dowls on it. the clutch i bought is a zoom and the pressure plate doesnt have the holes in it for the dowls. is it ok to remove dowls or should i drill hole in pressure plate???? all of the holes line up.
Old 02-19-2012, 06:21 PM
Staging Lane

I have my trans out right now and I will measure the bolts for the bellhousing and the shifter bolts.

As far as the clutch: the dowels are there for lineup and balance. If the flywheel is returnable i would return the spec flywheel and buy a zoom flywheel. If not I would HIGHLY recommend getting the clutch set (flywheel, friction disk, and pressure plate) to a machine shop and get it zero balanced. If the clutch set is not properly balanced you will have poor engagements, premature wear and possible clutch detonation (just look at my post a few threads back).
Old 02-21-2012, 10:36 AM
On The Tree

fly is not returnable. i bought it used from a buddy of mine. i have another fly that is new but os for a sbc and a t56. this one doesnt have the dowls on it so i wasnt sure if i could just remove the dowls on the ls1 fly.
Old 02-23-2012, 06:04 PM
On The Tree

anyone know these bolt sizes????
Old 02-29-2012, 07:39 AM
On The Tree

Ttt Plus help

Quick Reply: clutch questions and bolt sizes????