Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Tick master rod loose?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 10:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Tick master rod loose?

Hello,
I have a tick master on my car, new slave, ls7 clutch setup and pro 5.0 shifter on my car. I have adjusted my master twice so far. The first time the car shifted great, but after driving about 100 miles, the car was hard to get into gear again. I have adjusted the master again, it is easy to get into gear, and doesn't move when taken to redline. I believe the problem is the adjustment rod is loose. I have tightened up both nuts at either side of the rod and I can still turn the rod with my fingers. I think that this is causing the clutch to need adjustment after driving. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Travis
Old 02-20-2012, 08:46 AM
TECH Addict

put some loctite on the nuts
Old 02-20-2012, 10:26 AM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Travis_68
Hello,
I have a tick master on my car, new slave, ls7 clutch setup and pro 5.0 shifter on my car. I have adjusted my master twice so far. The first time the car shifted great, but after driving about 100 miles, the car was hard to get into gear again. I have adjusted the master again, it is easy to get into gear, and doesn't move when taken to redline. I believe the problem is the adjustment rod is loose. I have tightened up both nuts at either side of the rod and I can still turn the rod with my fingers. I think that this is causing the clutch to need adjustment after driving. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Travis
If both nuts are tight the center rod should not move. How far is your pedal adjusted off of the floor?
Old 02-20-2012, 11:42 AM
Teching In

My pedal is about halfway between the floor and the brake pedal