Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Found the problem, the fix?

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 11:11 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Found the problem, the fix?

Ive been having an issue with my transmission scratching every single gear if you shift it fast. If you shift slowly, it has no issues. Ive bled the clutch multiple times and only get extremely tiny bubbles. The clutch feels normal.

I jacked the rear of the car up off the ground, pushed the clutch in and put it in gear. The wheels move for a second and then stop. So this is telling me that the clutch will no fully disengage for about 2 seconds. So it pretty much explains why i have to shift slowly.

Any ideas of what to fix/upgrade?
Old 02-29-2012, 11:58 PM
TECH Resident

Kinda sounds like the 'ol expanding master cyl. Maybe a tick master and a new slave cyl. Sounds hydraulic for sure
Old 03-01-2012, 12:18 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Whiteaw57
Kinda sounds like the 'ol expanding master cyl. Maybe a tick master and a new slave cyl. Sounds hydraulic for sure
Thats what im thinking as well.. i just bought the car like this, so im hoping the previous owner hasnt grinded the gears enough to do any internal damage..

Im thinking about doing the tick master, stock replacement slave, ACT HD puck clutch and drain/refill the trans. Hopefully this will solve the issue! Thanks
Old 03-01-2012, 12:46 AM
TECH Resident

Sure! I havent experienced this issue myself but i have dealt with having the slave too far from the pressure plate and had a similar issue. Never quite fully disengaged. Good luck I hope that solves it!