Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Any drag results for ACT twins (orgainc)

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 11:01 PM
TECH Resident

Received 79 Likes on 68 Posts

Default Any drag results for ACT twins (orgainc)

I've searched and searched, but never found any good results. I guess I'm looking for guys with some power behind them also (600+). Some of the vette guys didn't have much luck with them at the track which is pointing me to the RXT. I like the package on the ACT (flywheel, plate, balanced, etc), but don't want something that can't take a little launching abuse at the track from time to time. I know you can get the race disks (one or both), but not a big 6 puck fan.

I know most guys like how they drive and hold power, but launching seems to be a little iffy when slipped a little. I'm sure the organic disks are sweet on the street and I do most driving there, but can't stand the thought of it not holding a few drag runs from time to time.
Old 03-06-2012, 12:16 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i got a 6 puck act. works great, holds awesome. i clutch kick the crap out of my car at times
Old 03-07-2012, 08:24 AM
TECH Resident

Received 79 Likes on 68 Posts

well I can see why I haven't found any results when I search
Old 03-07-2012, 11:43 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by godspeed01
i got a 6 puck act. works great, holds awesome. i clutch kick the crap out of my car at times
Do you have a twin disk or single?
Old 04-04-2012, 11:07 AM
Staging Lane

hows that ACT 6 puck on the street? I'm really thinking about getting one for my build.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:09 PM
On The Tree

anyone else try the act twin at the dragstrip .

I know the 6 puck will hold but any reviews of the act single disc 6 puck streetability as far as slipping and chattering.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If it's organic it will never hold up like a ceramic or sintered iron. It will do fine as long as you aren't slipping it. They can hold the power but not the heat from slipping.
Old 11-18-2012, 04:36 PM
9 Second Club

Received 179 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by slowride
I've searched and searched, but never found any good results. I guess I'm looking for guys with some power behind them also (600+). Some of the vette guys didn't have much luck with them at the track which is pointing me to the RXT. I like the package on the ACT (flywheel, plate, balanced, etc), but don't want something that can't take a little launching abuse at the track from time to time. I know you can get the race disks (one or both), but not a big 6 puck fan.

I know most guys like how they drive and hold power, but launching seems to be a little iffy when slipped a little. I'm sure the organic disks are sweet on the street and I do most driving there, but can't stand the thought of it not holding a few drag runs from time to time.
I have one on mine, but Ive never been to a proper drag strip yet.

Ive only raced on some local airfields with it, which have very limited traction.
Cant get 60fts down below 2s on those surfaces. But have still managed very low 11's at 145mph, and a couple of very high 10's
3700lbs race weight.

Really cant fault the clutch at all, drives superbly and works as a clutch should. No idea whether it will take a hard launch at a drag strip though.
I didnt buy it to do that though, as not really that interested in trying to break stuff lol
Old 11-18-2012, 07:14 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by stevieturbo
I have one on mine, but Ive never been to a proper drag strip yet.

Ive only raced on some local airfields with it, which have very limited traction.
Cant get 60fts down below 2s on those surfaces. But have still managed very low 11's at 145mph, and a couple of very high 10's
3700lbs race weight.

Really cant fault the clutch at all, drives superbly and works as a clutch should. No idea whether it will take a hard launch at a drag strip though.
I didnt buy it to do that though, as not really that interested in trying to break stuff lol
At 202 in the standing mile, I'd guess you're no stranger to breakage!
Old 11-19-2012, 03:36 AM
9 Second Club

Received 179 Likes on 154 Posts

As far as drivetrain goes, Ive been pretty lucky actually !

Quick Reply: Any drag results for ACT twins (orgainc)