Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

drill mod question

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 06:49 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question drill mod question

everything is stock except the clutch that was replaced by the previous owner with a ls7. Does the drill mod prolong the life of the clutch or just help high rpm shifts? is it worth doing or should i just wait till the clutch goes and do a tick/monster kit? don't want to mess with it if there is no benefit in the short term.
Old 03-06-2012, 06:53 AM
On The Tree

wait until you have a reason to get under there.
Old 03-06-2012, 07:32 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

change the fluid every oil change and you should be golden . totally serious , get a tick remote bleeder
Old 03-06-2012, 09:46 AM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by beanhead
everything is stock except the clutch that was replaced by the previous owner with a ls7. Does the drill mod prolong the life of the clutch or just help high rpm shifts? is it worth doing or should i just wait till the clutch goes and do a tick/monster kit? don't want to mess with it if there is no benefit in the short term.
The drill mod is basically like putting a band-aid on a gunshot womb. It may help a little but isnt worth the time and aggravation.

Tick and Monster Package is the way to go, and it comes with the speed bleeder which makes life easy.

Last edited by Sales@Tick; 03-06-2012 at 10:14 AM.
Old 03-06-2012, 12:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Chris-Tick
The drill mod is basically like putting a band-aid on a gunshot womb. It may help a little but isnt worth the time and aggravation.

Tick and Monster Package is the way to go, and it comes with the speed bleeder which makes life easy.
+1

Can wait until my tax return comes, still debating on tick stage 1 build with moster stage one clutch, or if i should bump up to stage 2
Old 03-06-2012, 03:11 PM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by k_garretson23
+1

Can wait until my tax return comes, still debating on tick stage 1 build with moster stage one clutch, or if i should bump up to stage 2
From your avatar it looks as if you take your car to the track. If you take your car to the track regularly I would not even have the level 1 in mind, as it was not designed for that kind of abuse. Level two is pretty much factory pedal pressure and will provide that extra holding capacity that you are looking for, but if you have bigger plans later on down the road I would just go ahead with the Level 3. It is a puck design clutch which is going to take the abuse at the track when you throw it to it. Whereas a level 2 at the 500rwhp range can show signs of wear in drag racing applications. Level 3 only has an 8% firmer pedal pressure so its still daily driveable.
Old 03-06-2012, 07:01 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks for all the feedback, So when the ls7 clutch runs its course, tick/monster level 2 or 3 here I come. Complete new topic but how is the grab on the level 3 for DD? I see the 8% pedal difference but is it a smooth engagement?

Quick Reply: drill mod question