Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Bad vibrations from tranny mount

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 10:39 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad vibrations from tranny mount

well turns out i pulled the stock tranny mount out and swapped it for an energy suspension polyurethane mount (due to high torque issues) which i have done many times before on my other camaros and trans ams and never had problems until now, it is vibrating really bad on take off and on hard accellerations in all gears. im guessing maybe the pinion angle got thrown off a little bit. any feedback from anyone thats had this problem??? thanks
Old 03-15-2012, 11:00 PM
TECH Junkie

The Prothane is a much better transmission mount. For the ES mount, you gotta take off the little preload plate.

Give it some time, too many people complain about their poly trans mounts the first day they have it on, but after some driving, it softens up and the vibes go away. It usually takes a few weeks of driving for the vibes to go away, and it's well worth the wait.

I've ran 3 Prothane poly mounts on different cars. Love them, the shifter stays in place a lot better. Would recommend them to anyone and will continue to use them.
Old 03-15-2012, 11:23 PM
Teching In

yea thats what i was hopin for was it so soften up over time, i do still have the preload plate on there. i did install the same mount on a 93 camaro i had and it had very minor vibrations but nothin to worry about. this one on my 2000 is kinda bad lol. i do remember it kinda fading away on my 93 so it should do the same i hope, kinda annoying tho lol
Old 03-15-2012, 11:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Remove the preload plate and the issue will vanish. I just went through the same thing.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:07 AM
jmd
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

You can shave the bumps down (mixed opinions on that,) you definitely should check into he driveline angles. And yeah, an aged ES mount can be quiter than a new one. It's too bad people keep buying them; there's no incentive for them to correct the issues with it.

Quick Reply: Bad vibrations from tranny mount