Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Ls7 clutch issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 06:36 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Ls7 clutch issues

A little background...

I have a 2001 Ws6, LS1, T56, Heads, Cam, New Slave & Throw-Out w/ shim, Adjustable Master Cylinder.

I have issues with the clutch since day 1. I was told that the stock master cylinder and no shim was needed. WRONG. When trying to shift into each gear it is like it is catching, then going in. The transmission was fine before the change. I installed the adjustable master and the problem got a little better...BUT it was still catching. So I then installed a shim after taking the correct messurements (per Ticks website) and this helped none. I have bled the system myself and also had it pressure bled.

Is it possible the the self adjustment in the clutch had tightened up during the shipment? Im really at a loss... everything is new! So why the problem?
Old 03-29-2012, 06:25 PM
Teching In

ttttt
Old 03-29-2012, 10:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

You say you were running a stock MC when initially installing the LS7, then switched to an adjustable MC later, correct? You might want to take a look at this thread. There's some other guys having issues with the LS7 after switching from a stock to an adjustable MC, namely the Tick. It has to do with the LS7 having a self-adjusting pressure plate.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-tr...hift-help.html

Quick Reply: Ls7 clutch issues