Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

t-56 clutch fork

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2012, 10:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default t-56 clutch fork

recently i blew out my clutch, tore out my trans got a new flywheel clutch and crap but the clutch for i want to replace, i got a stage three clutch will that stock fork hold that clutch and if not which i prob might as well replace since im down there, where can i buy a quality fork. any suggestions?
Old 04-09-2012, 10:36 AM
Banned

I don't think any one offers a after market fork the Lt1.
Old 04-11-2012, 12:15 PM
Teching In

hmm ok well then would you happen to know if the clutch fork is steel or alum? i think i remember reading somewhere it was alum but idk how true that is nor have i been down at the garage to check myself. if there is no aftermarket fork i might be able to have on custom made at the machine shop at tech.
Old 04-11-2012, 12:16 PM
Teching In

the clutch fork was also previously bent not sure how much didnt own the car at the time, and it was dont at a trans spectialty shop
Old 04-11-2012, 12:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The clutch fork is iron....not too bendable.
shift forks were aluminum stock. There is an iron 3/4 fork available and recommended.
Old 04-11-2012, 12:52 PM
Teching In

ok thank you, i saw that just didnt know what it ment nor wasnt trying to trust alien sorces. whats a good site i can get one
Old 04-11-2012, 12:53 PM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

look to the sponsers on the right, im sure ya can get one from one of the trans shops
Old 04-11-2012, 12:56 PM
Teching In

oh wow haha never really noticed them thanks.
Old 04-11-2012, 01:10 PM
Teching In

in this website they metion bronze fork pads no idea what they are refering to, http://www.thegearbox.org/T56.html
Old 04-11-2012, 01:10 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The LT1 clutch forks are getting difficult to find. The older they get the more worn out ones I see. I don't currently have any for sale but there are 3 new ones for sale on ebay.
Old 04-11-2012, 01:12 PM
Teching In

oh ok thank you i checked the other day but wasnt trying to buy one without knowing what im doing thank you all for your help
Old 04-11-2012, 05:43 PM
12 Second Club

I bought a LT1 clutch fork from one of the online GM parts dealers last fall. P/N 12523312
Old 04-13-2012, 01:44 PM
Teching In

the aftermarket clutchfork i am getting is suppose to be the same as OEM, when installing the clutch fork is there any special way it has to go in? its a PITA compared to everything else just thought maybe i am doing something wrong. i have the flywheel, clutch, and PP installed torqued. tranny lubed up ready to go in but when i previously tried to take the trans out the fork got in the way so i just unbolted it for now. when i try to put it back in i hardly have any room for my hand or tools. with a little time and effort it is possible but before i attempt want to make sure.
Old 04-13-2012, 02:09 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by chevylt1camaro
the aftermarket clutchfork i am getting is suppose to be the same as OEM, when installing the clutch fork is there any special way it has to go in? its a PITA compared to everything else just thought maybe i am doing something wrong. i have the flywheel, clutch, and PP installed torqued. tranny lubed up ready to go in but when i previously tried to take the trans out the fork got in the way so i just unbolted it for now. when i try to put it back in i hardly have any room for my hand or tools. with a little time and effort it is possible but before i attempt want to make sure.
Where did you find an aftermarket LT1 T56 clutch fork? Post a link because as far as I know, no one makes an aftermarket clutch fork for them.

I just want to make 100% sure you are getting the right parts. There are a lot of people out there that will sell you something and not have a clue what they are selling you.

You have to bolt the fork onto the front of the trans. There is no way to slide the fork onto the throwout bearing and get a ratchet up in there to tighten the bolt. There are 2 small spring fingers that slide over the "T" stand that holds the fork in place. You bolt the fork onto the front plate with it hanging free. Then when you get the transmission bolted up you have to slide the end of the fork onto the throwout bearing and the fingers will clip over the "T" stand and hold the fork in place. Its kindof a pain to get sometimes. But with a flashlight and some patience you will get it.
Old 04-14-2012, 12:43 AM
Teching In

the link to the website is above called "thegearbox" and thank you i did that today i just now have a problem with the trans, it is stuck into what i beleive is first. i put everybolt back together in the right spot tightened everything down, go to start up the car, clutch in make sure its in nuetral start the engine, let off the clutch and the driveline engages. i shut the car off and i can not move the shifter what so ever with or withouth the clutch engaged. before i took out the clutch the transmission "shifted" through the gears. i drove on I-76 was in OD went to drop into 4th missed a gear landed 2nd and blew the clutch. was only doing approx 60-65 maybe 70. not sure if that will help at all, this is my first clutch i did, i bought an after market clutch online from ebay with a new flywheel, i have an LT1 so i put the flat side of the clutch to the PP. tightened the PP down evenly went around prob close to 100 times just to make sure i didnt fF anything up. hope that helps

Quick Reply: t-56 clutch fork