Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Monster 2 install

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 06:42 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Monster 2 install

I just installed the monster stage 2 into a 2001 SS. Monsters says not to shim the slave so I didn't put this spacer/shim on the back of the slave. My 2002 didn't have it so I assumed it was part of the clutch kit that was already in the car. Now the clutch is extremely short when disengaging/engaging. I don't kno if this is right or not, but I'm guessing that I need to do something different... Any help?
Old 04-11-2012, 08:13 AM
TECH Regular

i too have a monster stage 2 . i have tic master, the kit, new fly wheel,slave,etc.. i have a short short engage also . i see nothing wrong with it just something to get used to.i like that it grabs in a short distance faster shifting enjoy great product got 5k miles on mine i love how it breaks my street tires loose @ around 5-6k rpms makes my wife grab for **** that isn't there. she freaks it's funny . ENJOY!!
Old 04-12-2012, 02:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Im sure its fine, just give it a good break it before you start beating on it.

On my monster stg 3 i have a high engagement/disengagment point. but i adjusted it correctly with my tick.
Old 04-12-2012, 02:05 PM
Launching!

I just had my monster lvl2 installed a month ago and it has a short pedal. It was a lot different and took some getting used to. Only thing I don't like about it, is if you slip it too much it smells burnt.

Quick Reply: Monster 2 install