Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Mcleod Master Cylinder gone bad already???

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 01:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Mcleod Master Cylinder gone bad already???

I replaced my stock master cylinder about 3 years ago cuz the pedal was sticking to the floor and was stalling the car. The install was a pain, but got it done and everything has been great...till now.

I don't really drive the car all that often. In the last 3 years I have put maybe 5k miles on it. But today the pedal started sticking to the floor AGAIN!!!! Now it only does it in first gear...once I get going all the other gears work fine and the pedal gives me no problems. Also it only happens when I push the pedal all the way to the floor on 1st gear. If I push it down about halfway to where the clutch engages/disengages it doesn't seem to cause any issue.

I really am just bewildered that the Mcleod I put in about 5k miles ago is already gone bad. Or could it maybe be something else I'm not thinking about??
Old 04-24-2012, 02:26 PM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

sounds like the master.

I think you need to step up into a tick master. Our master is the only one in the industry that use a 7/8 bore (as opposed to any other competitor which uses the factory size bore). The 7/8 is capable of flowing the fluid that your slave cylinder needs to operate properly. Match that with our stainless braided line and fitting to get virtually a non restrictive fluid flow to the slave, preventing the sticking pedal and high rpm shift problems. You simply will not get this performance anywhere else in the industry aside from our Tick Performance Adjustable Master Cylinder.

http://www.tickperformance.com/tick-...or-ls1-f-body/
Old 04-24-2012, 04:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Agreed with Chris. There is a reason so many people on here run them. Can't wait to finally order fine along with a clutch!
Old 04-25-2012, 01:27 PM
Teching In

Ouch..$325 for that Tick is pretty pricey!! But if I need one, then I need one. I have a feeling I will be calling you soon to get one ordered.

Ya was really hoping maybe it was something else, but I knew it was gonna be another master cylinder install coming. Dang that sucks I never expected that Mcleod to go bad this soon. Heck the stock one lasted more miles!!!! :-(
Old 04-25-2012, 01:52 PM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

$325 is better than buying 3-4 other masters every 5k miles And you get to shift like butter now with ours!!!

Quick Reply: Mcleod Master Cylinder gone bad already???