Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch kinda sticking

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 06:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch kinda sticking

Recently took the trans/clutch apart. Replaced the pilot bearing and throw out bearing. I pulled the T-56 apart and rebuilt my reverse. Completely drained all fluids and filled before putting it back in. I did not see any leaks, everything else was in good condition besides a slight bit of slippage on the flywheel. Pumped the clutch probably about 50 times before I ever put it any gears, then cycled through gears a couple times to make sure all was working correctly. Once in awhile it sticks going into high gear at high RPM's (maybe 1/4 of the time, maybe). It doesn't really stick to the floor. Just gets up to the point where it engages/disengages and stays there, I am easily able to pull it back up with my foot and the problem doesn't persist. The rebuild was 1 month ago, it has stuck about 5 times. It's not a big problem, but still makes me worry. Also, I turned the sleeve around in the trans. It connects better and still has no problems disengaging. The teeth were better and just kinda made sense. It's only roughly 1/8" longer and still clears by 1/4" rather than 3/8".