Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Weird clutch issue

Old 04-26-2012, 09:09 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weird clutch issue

So last august i replaced my spec stage 1 with an act 6 puck. Everything went as usual. It worked flawlessly for a week. I went to race a kid 2 weeks or so after the install, and when i tried to grab 3rd spraying nitrous the pedal went soft and it wouldnt let me into 3rd. The pedal didnt stick to the floor, but it only came up about half way. Under normal driving conditions it will shift just fine with the pedal like that. Eventually the pedal would come back. I didnt replace the slave during the install, so I automaticly figured it was that. I figured i would save myself the trouble and i also purchased a master along with a new slave. While i had it apart i did the drill mod just to be safe, my car is a 2001 so i shouldnt have needed to anways. I didnt have this problem when i put the spec in a few years ago. Anyways, so i get all of this done and bled and i took it out to try it again. When i go through the gears n/a i can shift just fine, but as soon as i try to grab 3rd spraying it does the same thing again. So i thought to myself, maybe i'll try dot 4 fluid, the 3 could be boiling. I used my mighty vac to pump out the dot 3 and i added the dot 4 as the level in the resivior would drop. I used a whole bottle of dot 4 before i stopped sucking it through and i topped it off and bled it one last time to be sure. Still the same issue. To recap, ive replaced the master, slave, changed fluid to dot 4 and im still having the same issue. Is there anything i've missed? I figured one of you would maybe think of something. I replaced the master and slave with oem units, the only thing not oem on the hydraulics is a tick bleeder line. Help! Im out of ideas!
Old 04-26-2012, 09:34 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive had the same issue. New Tick master, new oem slave, new spec clutch, flywheel, and everything. In for help

Search this Thread