Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Where can I get this daiphragm???

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2013, 03:35 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where can I get this daiphragm???

So my car is missing the black diaphragm shown in this video...

Wasn't on the car when I got it and didn't find out it was supposed to be there until very recently. I've had issues ever since purchase with 1st/reverse difficulties, soft pedal, not engaging/disengaging properly, and minor pedal vibration. The master cylinder was already replaced once, car ran perfect for about a month and now it's having the same issues again. Im about to buy a Tick master but I was told that this little missing diaphragm may be the cause of all my problems as it may be allowing air into the system. So, if anyone knows where I can get it I'd really really appreciate it.

Also, will the Tick speed bleeder work if I have an oem master or do I need the tick master for it?
Old 11-17-2013, 05:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes the Tick will work on the OEM Master. It worked for me.
I would guess the dealership could order that part for you. I would look on line first, just to get a comparrison in cost or incase you cant get it thru the dealer. Next would be looking at your closest junk yard. Maybe a sponsor like Hawks Third Generation, they seem to carry alot of parts for our cars. The Tick Speed bleeder works great, but transmission has to come out unless there is another trick to installing it.
Old 11-17-2013, 05:48 PM
TECH Resident

Found this. Only thing I've been able to find online. Not quite like whats in the video. But maybe it will do the job? http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/web...+cylinder+cap#

Going to try dealer tomorrow and then junkyard.
Old 11-18-2013, 07:47 AM
TECH Resident

No one else has anything to add?
Old 11-18-2013, 08:32 AM
Launching!

Dude I spent the last 15 min trying to find out what it's called and even tried looking at brand new kits can't find this thing anywhere. here's what mine looks like maybe someone here has one laying around or can tell you the part number. I can't believe this thing can't be found anywhere.

Note: the link you posted looks like it may work. I was reading and its supposedly just there to keep the dirt out and make a tight seal.
Attached Thumbnails Where can I get this daiphragm???-image-2878448707.jpg  
Old 11-18-2013, 01:21 PM
TECH Resident

Well I pulled one out of a 97 v6/5spd camaro at the junk yard. However now I'm pretty sure I'll need to bleed the whole system anyways.

Quick Reply: Where can I get this daiphragm???