Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch Advice?

Old 05-03-2012, 08:37 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Clutch Advice?

Hello all,

I have a 65K mile 2002 SS convertible w/ SLP long tubes, LM2, and Lid. I would like to start drag racing the car at local test and tunes every once in a while, so I recently purchased a Strange S60 rear end with 4.10 gears and a chromoly driveshaft to avoid coming home from the track on a tow truck (been there before).

The weak link in my drivetrain is now the stock LS6 clutch and I was wondering what everyone's recommendation is. The car will be running street tires only and will remain just a bolt-on car for the forseeable future because my C5 is the car that gets all the mods. Can the 65K mile stock LS6 clutch hold up to a weekend a month of track runs under my current power level?

I have already had some of the common clutch sticking to the ground issues, but it was my understanding that this was hydraulics related as opposed to the clutch disc itself. This car is my daily driver so I don't want some massive clutch that gives me a squat workout on my way to work (again, had that before) and I actually like how the LS6 clutch drives so I'm not in a huge hurry to swap it out...unless of course I'm creating a dangerous situation and have to worry about the clutch exploding or something.

Any help is appreciated!

Tommy

Search this Thread