Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Is texas drivetrain perf. Closed ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 08:29 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Is texas drivetrain perf. Closed ?

I left 3 msgs & 2 e-mails since Mon. with no replies ?Just wondering if anybody has heard from them.My trans is ready to ship but do not want any issues like 6 speed inc had .
Old 05-16-2012, 08:39 AM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I usually get replies about 2 weeks later. There's been similar threads and most of the locals report that his (Jason) shop is overflowing with work and he's working hard to get work sent back out instead of answering emails, etc.. YMMV
Old 05-16-2012, 09:18 AM
Launching!

That is GREAT he is so busy but not good if you do not return calls or e-mails .I will call you back from my shop even if it is 9:00 pm.Not 3 days later .
After all the good reviews I was looking forward to his build for my trans as well as the fix for the 5-6 gear vibration .
Old 05-16-2012, 11:49 AM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I agree.. I'm no fanboy, just relaying info that was posted here a few weeks ago.
Old 05-16-2012, 02:14 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I've been waiting on clutch for almost two week! Said he email me a tracking number but hasn't! He was on point with my trans but this clutch deal kind getting old!!!
Old 05-16-2012, 02:46 PM
Staging Lane

Ok finally got threw to them my clutch was lost in the mail! Said he get me one out today.
Old 05-16-2012, 02:51 PM
On The Tree

Yea I hate to add to this. I just bought a clutch from them a few months back and I am having some issues with it. I have left two messages and an email asking for someone to call me and finally got an email saying he would call me first thing today which still have not heard anything. I had heard how great the customer service was but I am starting to question this.
Old 05-16-2012, 03:49 PM
TECH Regular

He is actually about to have someone that mans the phones and emails all day. Currently, all his guys are techs with no one to run the day to day admin stuff.
Old 05-16-2012, 06:35 PM
12 Second Club

Spoke to him yesterday. He's just really busy.
Old 05-16-2012, 07:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Jason stays busy. He works his *** off for sure. The wait is well worth it though.
Old 05-16-2012, 11:59 PM
TDP
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by wantsum410
I left 3 msgs & 2 e-mails since Mon. with no replies ?Just wondering if anybody has heard from them.My trans is ready to ship but do not want any issues like 6 speed inc had .
I believe we spoke earlier. We have been ridiculously busy. Sorry I missed you earlier. I do my best to reply to All messages within a few hours, but at the latest they are returned within 24hours, unless its on the weekend, in which case you'll get a call back the next business day.
Nothing to worry about, like the problems with Six Speeds Inc.
Within this past year, we have been growing more than ever, and quite honestly I am still getting accustomed to this. It's a full-time job just to answer all the calls and emails and I'm the only one who deals with all the technical side.
Up until 1.5 years ago, I was a one-man operation, so a lot has changed.
Also, I've got about 10 projects going with designing new parts, including a clutch master but thats still far off from being done.
Old 05-17-2012, 12:06 AM
TDP
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 85MikeTPI
I usually get replies about 2 weeks later. There's been similar threads and most of the locals report that his (Jason) shop is overflowing with work and he's working hard to get work sent back out instead of answering emails, etc.. YMMV
Yeah 2 weeks later or even 3 weeks sometimes on PM messages here on Tech. Hence the notification listed in my signature
I don't have time to check me PMs here at all, so I put that notification into my sig to Email or Call for the quickest reply.
But thanks Mike! That is true. I usually have to make time to get in front of the computer (one hour per day if I'm lucky), but I have a life too. So I'm trying not to work too ugh more than 40-45hrs per week.
I've been contemplating setting up a cell# so customers can text me for quick questions and whatnot. I think it would be a cool and effective idea.
Old 05-17-2012, 12:11 AM
TDP
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by nonosvt
Ok finally got threw to them my clutch was lost in the mail! Said he get me one out today.
Yeah, this was the SECOND time this has happened with a clutch kit within the last 3 months. It has also happened the other way around with parts being shipped to me from GM and other major suppliers. I'm seriously considering switching away from UPS

Sorry for all the BS with that, as it sucks when the carrier (UPS) makes me look bad! Your kit will be there Friday. If you still need the tracking number, call my cell 817-3oo-684o

Anyhow, insurance is a great thing!
Old 05-17-2012, 12:16 AM
TDP
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 00ws6indubv
Yea I hate to add to this. I just bought a clutch from them a few months back and I am having some issues with it. I have left two messages and an email asking for someone to call me and finally got an email saying he would call me first thing today which still have not heard anything. I had heard how great the customer service was but I am starting to question this.
Sorry man, like I posted above, we have been overwhelmed as I'm dealing with 30+ customers at most any given time, and we are just 3 people. It gets hard to keep up with but were getting up to speed. We had to change our entire "system".

Call or Text my cell ---> 817-3oo-684o

I'm finally getting more caught up now, so it should be a problem at all to get in touch.
Old 05-17-2012, 12:17 AM
TDP
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by armyboyatc
Jason stays busy. He works his *** off for sure. The wait is well worth it though.
Thanks man! I don't know how I ever did this alone
Old 05-17-2012, 08:04 AM
Staging Lane

Thanks jason glad we got it all worked out! Sucks it got lost in the mail!!! It's a good thing to be busy tho!
Old 05-17-2012, 04:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by TDP
Yeah, this was the SECOND time this has happened with a clutch kit within the last 3 months. It has also happened the other way around with parts being shipped to me from GM and other major suppliers. I'm seriously considering switching away from UPS

Sorry for all the BS with that, as it sucks when the carrier (UPS) makes me look bad! Your kit will be there Friday. If you still need the tracking number, call my cell 817-3oo-684o

Anyhow, insurance is a great thing!
Been there, done that. Fedex is no better. DHL was actually pretty good at one point but not very many people use them. Freight companies are still the best way to go for heavy stuff but it gets expensive some times.
Old 05-17-2012, 05:15 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good luck with insurance claims from UPS, that's the reason we switched to FedEx.

I can have my rep call you Jason, she will hook you up. Shoot me a text and let me know.