Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Thanks to tick and monster!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 03:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Thanks to tick and monster!!!

Just installed my monster stage 2 clutch and tick adjustable master cylinder. Let me just say there is a world of difference in the car. My stock clutch was not too bad at 65k miles but there was some chattering and the typical sticky clutch pedal. Just took it for a quick test drive and let me tell you every problem is GONE! Car shifts smooth and percisely, no more chattering or other sounds. I am nothing but impressed with both products!

To answer some FAQs I see here:

Is the clutch pedal stiffer than stock?...Yes, the clutch is slightly stiffer than stock. I daily drive my car to work and class, I doubt I will have any issues daily driving this clutch/master. It is very managable, to anyone to complain about it they should probably man up or sell their car because it is far from unbearable.

Is the master cylinder install hard?... No the install and removal of the stock master is very strait forward. Does not take long at all the parts are great quality. Although it is a very tight fit down there. I removed some steering linkage and it slid right into place.

Does this master fix the sinking/sticky stock pedal?....Plain and simple yes.

Is the master difficult to adjust?..No I had mine set to my liking in about 15 minutes.

How long does it take to bleed?...Took me about an hour to fully bleed the system. I did not bench bleed anything. I installed then began bleeding. It took awhile of the tradition method of pumping and cracking the slave bleeder to get some pedal, but one there was some pedal I used the mityvac and it wrapped it up nicely.

All in all I would just like to thank Tick Performance, as well as monster clutches. I am very impressed with both of their products and service. I will without a doubt go to them for all of my future clutch and transmission needs!