Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Tick Master Hyrdraulic line fitment

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 09:03 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Tick Master Hyrdraulic line fitment

I just had a question about the fitment of the Tick master cylinder hydraulic line to the slave cylinder. Yesterday when I went to hook it up I nocticed there was some slack on the line. The end of the connection came out just a bit before the inner fingers of the slave connection caught the end of the hydraulic line. Is this normal I figured the whole end of the hydraulic line would go into the fitting and have a snug fit? I checked everything and everything looks good even the o-ring. Any help greatly appreciated. I'll try to post some pics so everyone can see what I'm talking about.

Thanks,

Andy
Old 06-14-2012, 09:10 AM
TECH Resident

Hydraulic line in. http://www.flickr.com/photos/63615263@N02/7186561727/

Hydraulic line with slack. http://www.flickr.com/photos/63615263@N02/7186559929/
Old 06-14-2012, 12:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

here's my tick
Old 06-14-2012, 01:11 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by therealcreeper
here's my tick
Will the fitting slide out a bit if you pull it? Mine slides out a bit before it catches the fingers inside?? Its not a snug fit either, WTF...
Old 06-14-2012, 01:20 PM
TECH Addict

that's where it stops, it slides in even further and then catches there

what kind of slave do you have? I don't know if they revised the fitting after they had the little mishap but did you try bleeding it yet? I don't think that's going to hold if that really is in all the way, I had to crack the bleeder and really push it in there last time to get it to seat
Old 06-14-2012, 02:49 PM
TECH Resident

I have a gm slave that Monster provided and what little mishap? Excuse my ignorance but I'm assuming when you say "crack the bleeder" your talking about the end of the hydraulic line correct.
Old 06-14-2012, 05:35 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Tirefire
I have a gm slave that Monster provided and what little mishap? Excuse my ignorance but I'm assuming when you say "crack the bleeder" your talking about the end of the hydraulic line correct.
If you look a little above the slave connection, there is another hole in the bell. If you reach in there, youll feel the slave bleeder screw. Sometimes slave lines dont like to connect, so crackin open the bleeder relieves pressure, and makes it easy.
Old 06-14-2012, 09:05 PM
TECH Addict

when did you buy the tick? at one point way back tick had a very very short run of lines that would pop out of the slave cylinder, but as far as I know they took care of it, unless yours somehow slipped through the crack.

I would try cracking the bleeder valve (as described above) and seeing if it seats in any further
Old 06-14-2012, 11:39 PM
TECH Resident

AHHHHH, this sucks it leaked all over the place and the fitting will not go in WTF!!! I've have the better of 4 hours trying to push the Tick hydraulic line in and it wont go in... I haven't even fired my engine up yet and this crap is happening to me...I opened up my bleeder (speed bleeder) and nothing. The fitting wont even get to the fingers that's supposed to hold it in. I'm calling Tick tomorrow and see what they say. Isnt this supposed to be simple?? I'm going to be F%$^ pissed off if I have to drop my tranny or pull out the Tick. Everything is brand new for crying out loud.....

Last edited by Tirefire; 06-15-2012 at 12:00 AM.
Old 06-14-2012, 11:50 PM
TECH Resident

The order date on my invoice is 7/19/2011. Is that when they were having issues? But I think I had to wait a few months before I got it. All I know it took a long time before I got my master.
Old 06-15-2012, 02:41 PM
TECH Resident

I spoke to Steve from Monster today I advised him of my problem. After talking for a few minutes I advised him that the valve on the hydraulic line was stuck open and that it was not going down. He advised that is why all the fluid came out and that's probably why it could not be pushed in any further. I also got a call from Jason from Tick, I told him my situation and he told me to get a screw drive and and try to work the valve back to its position and and see it that would free it from any debris. So I'll keep everyone posted.
Old 06-16-2012, 08:34 PM
TECH Resident

Well the valve is free now but it still wont go into the slave. I'll be calling Jason from Tick on Monday.

Quick Reply: Tick Master Hyrdraulic line fitment