Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Monster Level 1 Clutch & Flywheel

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 11:58 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Monster Level 1 Clutch & Flywheel

Am looking at this Monster Level 1 street clutch package to change out the original OEM clutch in my 2000 Camaro SS. My car is bone stock except for SLP air lid and SLP exhaust from factory. The only mods I plan on doing to this car is Kooks headers and catted Y-pipe.

Question: is this Monster Level 1 clutch adequate for my car with added headers or should I step up to the Monster Level 2? Any negative experience with the Monster Level 1 clutch setup (rated for 450 HP/TRQ)?

Monster is offering $100 off these packages so am thinking of pulling the trigger shortly.

Thanks!
Old 06-19-2012, 12:11 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ROC OUT
Am looking at this Monster Level 1 street clutch package to change out the original OEM clutch in my 2000 Camaro SS. My car is bone stock except for SLP air lid and SLP exhaust from factory. The only mods I plan on doing to this car is Kooks headers and catted Y-pipe.

Question: is this Monster Level 1 clutch adequate for my car with added headers or should I step up to the Monster Level 2? Any negative experience with the Monster Level 1 clutch setup (rated for 450 HP/TRQ)?

Monster is offering $100 off these packages so am thinking of pulling the trigger shortly.

Thanks!
It'll hold it without issue, however, I always tell guys... "If you plan on ever doing anything else to your car you might as well spend the extra $50 and get a Level 2."

To me it's a no brainer, however, if you're on a budget where every dollar counts you can't go wrong with our 1.

Give me a call and we'll get you taken care of.
Old 06-19-2012, 12:39 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks! Money is not really an issue so upgrading to the Level 2 would be fine. It would be nice to know that if I decide to add HP modifications after the headers that the clutch was no "weak link." However, I daily drive my car and don't want a clutch that is too hard/firm and unfriendly for daily commuting/bumper to bumper traffic operating. Is the Level 2 any different in this regard that the Level 1?

Quick Reply: Monster Level 1 Clutch & Flywheel