Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

TEXAS DRIVETRAIN PERFORMANCE REVIEW.....& Monster Clutch..

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 09:01 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default TEXAS DRIVETRAIN PERFORMANCE REVIEW.....& Monster Clutch..

Well after I let a local gut do my trans it was BAD....would not go into third at WOT[shift at 6800rpm] followed by grinding half the time.
I drove it for a year until I blew the hydraulics at the track when the GM master broke off one of the mountong ears.
After reading alot on Jason's work & his 5th - 6th gear vibration repair=$100 vs $800 in new parts repair I sent my trans to him.
WOW......what a difference besides all the stuff the local guy missed we went with the STG 2 Build .After a new Tick master ,new Slave & a reinstall of my STG 3 Monster Clutch with 6k on it I am back in love with my stick .
It shifts like a hot knife thru butter at any rpm especially at 6800 rpm shifts.
THANKS Jason for a GREAT job ! ! & packing my trans REALLY good for shipping.
OH YE the Monster STG 3 is showing NO SIGNS of weakness even when I went back to the track Thur & destroyed my Richmond 4:56's on the first launch......To be fair they had about 70-80 passes on em leavin at 7Grand on the lmtr so I guess I can't complain since it is a 8.5 10 bolt.......with 30 spline Mosiers & a Detroit Locker & a girdle .
Old 07-16-2012, 10:22 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice! makes me excited for when i stick my tdp stge 2 t56 in in the fall
Old 07-24-2012, 09:13 PM
TECH Regular

I haven't been able to use my tdp stage 3 t56 from Jason but his customer service is the best I had with my major turbo build. Great guy to work with. Can't wait to see how that stage 3 tranny lasts behind 800-850 wtq
Old 07-25-2012, 09:51 PM
TECH Regular

This setup is in the '72 in your sig? Nice. Do you have an adapter to use the Tick master on the '72?

Every time I see a thread like this I know its going to be good feed back about Jason. The very first time I used him was with my '67 GMC truck. He went WELL out of his way to get me fixed up as this was my daily driver at the time. We were at his shop til about 11 at night getting it fixed so I could drive it the next day. I wouldn't hesitate to use him again or recommend him to anyone.
Old 07-26-2012, 12:26 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the kind words about the clutch, glad to hear you're loving it!
Old 07-27-2012, 07:41 AM
TECH Resident

Yea I had my tranny over hauled by him about a year ago and although I havent used it yet I'm sure it will be shifting like butter. LOL I'm going to see how much abuse it can take with my AES 390, F1A and Monster STG 5... He's also a very cool dude to talk to.
Old 10-05-2012, 06:58 PM
Teching In

He was nice. Got my trans all fixed around and now I got it back with no bell housing. Missing a part in the side. And delayed shipping.

On top of that my yoke that used to fit doesn't anymore. Apparently he redid it now its not right. But go figure its up to me to machine my yoke down.

This trans better be worth it whenever i do get it back installed.

Gave me his cell number and what not but still won't answer half the time. I'm not impressed.
Old 10-06-2012, 11:24 PM
TDP
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by CouJoe56
He was nice. Got my trans all fixed around and now I got it back with no bell housing. Missing a part in the side. And delayed shipping.

On top of that my yoke that used to fit doesn't anymore. Apparently he redid it now its not right. But go figure its up to me to machine my yoke down.

This trans better be worth it whenever i do get it back installed.

Gave me his cell number and what not but still won't answer half the time. I'm not impressed.
This is the reason that it states on the website to remove the bellhousing and all other loose items on the trans before its shipped. Normally no one sends us the bell, as there is absolutely no reason to send it. Also the little small part was missing from the get-go, but I went ahead and sent another one via priority mail, no questions asked.
As for the bushing issue, its a new design, maybe its not right, i dont know. But we've never had problems with this before. I dont have any problem making the situation right. **** happens you know.. and its really all about making things right. FWIW, I had two funerals to go to within the last 10 days, so sorry for the delayed shipping.

Jason
Old 10-06-2012, 11:25 PM
TDP
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by wantsum410
Well after I let a local gut do my trans it was BAD....would not go into third at WOT[shift at 6800rpm] followed by grinding half the time.
I drove it for a year until I blew the hydraulics at the track when the GM master broke off one of the mountong ears.
After reading alot on Jason's work & his 5th - 6th gear vibration repair=$100 vs $800 in new parts repair I sent my trans to him.
WOW......what a difference besides all the stuff the local guy missed we went with the STG 2 Build .After a new Tick master ,new Slave & a reinstall of my STG 3 Monster Clutch with 6k on it I am back in love with my stick .
It shifts like a hot knife thru butter at any rpm especially at 6800 rpm shifts.
THANKS Jason for a GREAT job ! ! & packing my trans REALLY good for shipping.
OH YE the Monster STG 3 is showing NO SIGNS of weakness even when I went back to the track Thur & destroyed my Richmond 4:56's on the first launch......To be fair they had about 70-80 passes on em leavin at 7Grand on the lmtr so I guess I can't complain since it is a 8.5 10 bolt.......with 30 spline Mosiers & a Detroit Locker & a girdle .
Thank you! I really appreciate your feedback and am glad you are happy with everything!
Old 10-10-2012, 10:32 PM
Launching!

Trans has about 1k on it now [ My Miles are MOSTLY REAL Hard ones] & 8 Passes at the track Leavin @ 7 Grand on M/T Slicks & shifting @ 6800 RPM ......WOW She sure does FEEL Good ! The Monster STG 3 is Still holding with NO SIGNS of weakness [a lil over 7k on it,Car is 3300lbs & 3506 lbs with me ] ALL STEEL BABY
To S1LV3R I made a 1/4 Plate that bolts Behind the Brake M/C with the Proper Angle for the Clutch M/C & Rod followed by a new Lower Mounting Point for the Clutch Rod than the 4 Speed Mounting Point from GM .
The F- Body Tick M/C went in with no issues . It did take some getting used to as the Pedal is ALOT Lower Than Stock .
Old 10-13-2014, 05:55 AM
On The Tree

Default great service

Jason gave me great customer service. I needed a mainshaft repaired he took great care to get it right with quick turnaround. What more could you ask.

Quick Reply: TEXAS DRIVETRAIN PERFORMANCE REVIEW.....& Monster Clutch..