Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Monster/tick level 3.. need help quick..

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2014, 02:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's odd. So originally when the clutch was installed the first time it was trouble free for the first 2000 miles before the slipping began?

Now that you reinstalled it, it's been good for 600 miles so far. I guess all you can do now is keep putting miles and on and see if it holds up. I myself would hate to keep pulling the trans to chase down the problem.
Old 05-15-2014, 02:53 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't really care about pulling the trans takes an hr or two lol, yea it was a little under 1900 when it started acting up.. it would chatter extremely bad off the line at about 1600 miles, then the slipping started.. around 1800-1900 miles.

pull it apart inspect everything, (not a single part except for my slave appeared to have more than 500 miles on it) and no problems were found with anything, put it back together and it's as if nothing was ever wrong with it..

I've never had an experience like this in my whole career, 100% of the time there is always something that causes the problem and is relatively easy to determine where the fault is..
not the case with this, no oil on anything, hydraulics function flawlessly. clutch kit looks brand new..
no glazing or heat spots... no broken springs or f***ed up stuff lol

But it's working for now, so I guess well seen what happens
Old 06-12-2014, 02:04 PM
Launching!

I'll be posting some video later today or tomorrow, but it slipped pretty bad for the first time since re install today..
pulled down into 4th at about 60 and held it there long enough for a car to pass so I could move over, I punched it and the clutch completely flaired out then caught and the car took off.

as I said this is the first time it has shown any sign of a problem since I put it back in the car.
right now I have about 1,200 miles on it since the car has been back on the road, even did a few pulls with some friends last weekend and didn't have a single issue..

I have checked my garage floor and under my car, no leaks or drips and no loss of any fluids from the car..

so I am going to try and take some video tonight and see if it will do it again on my way home, Hopefully someone will have some info about what is going on
Old 06-13-2014, 09:36 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by T/A2000
I'll be posting some video later today or tomorrow, but it slipped pretty bad for the first time since re install today..
pulled down into 4th at about 60 and held it there long enough for a car to pass so I could move over, I punched it and the clutch completely flaired out then caught and the car took off.

as I said this is the first time it has shown any sign of a problem since I put it back in the car.
right now I have about 1,200 miles on it since the car has been back on the road, even did a few pulls with some friends last weekend and didn't have a single issue..

I have checked my garage floor and under my car, no leaks or drips and no loss of any fluids from the car..

so I am going to try and take some video tonight and see if it will do it again on my way home, Hopefully someone will have some info about what is going on
If you want you can shoot that video to me directly via email, I want to get to the bottom of this. You either have a possessed car or something else entirely is going on that we're missing... what you have shouldn't be doing what you're saying.

Steve@MonsterClutches.com
Old 06-13-2014, 10:27 AM
Launching!

Alright will do, I didn't get a chance to try and duplicate this last night.. But I will be out and about tonight , so if it's going to do it again I should have it on cam..
Old 06-13-2014, 10:30 AM
FormerVendor

Alright will do, I didn't get a chance to try and duplicate this last night.. But I will be out and about tonight , so if it's going to do it again I should have it on cam..
Sounds like a plan!
Old 06-18-2014, 05:04 PM
Launching!

Video sent to your email, it's short and crappy quality and I will try to get a better one this week sometime
Old 06-26-2014, 07:21 AM
Launching!

Sounds like the cup plug behind the throwout bearing could be damaged or moved and leaking oil onto your flywheel. I would stop driving it.
Old 08-29-2014, 12:03 PM
Launching!

It was definitely not oil related, I pulled it all back apart to make sure. the car never consumed or leaked oil, weird thing is it has been completely fine since the last time I was able to get it to flair out in that vid.

I have been driving it all the time now, with no issues.. so I guess I am glad I didn't ship the damn thing back now..

Now I am a happy camper lol
Old 09-07-2014, 07:43 AM
Teching In

They will always try to blame it on a leak when its just the product that sometimes fail!!!
Old 09-07-2014, 08:07 AM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by agressive
They will always try to blame it on a leak when its just the product that sometimes fail!!!
Instead of deleting your comment, I'll leave it so everyone can see just how much of an *** you've made yourself out to be.

If you know ANYTHING about a manual transmission, asking about a fluid leak is a very legitimate question.
Old 09-07-2014, 05:21 PM
Teching In

I had an issue with monster and not doing business with them anymore.
Old 09-08-2014, 11:15 AM
FormerVendor

I had an issue with monster and not doing business with them anymore.
Just to clarify -

The OP of this thread has an issue 2 years ago and I address him with asking for pics/info. 2 years later he gets me that information and I still help him out and that is somehow me trying to blame something else and not my product? Did you actually read this thread? Did you see the images of the clutch? I'm not following your logic here.

It's a very random thing to bump this particular thread with. Did I miss something from you? I see that you purchased a used clutch here - https://ls1tech.com/forums/parts-cla...-ls2-12-a.html over two years ago.

If you had an issue from a used clutch you bought more than 2 years ago there is a good chance that it wasn't warrantied because, A) it's two years old and B) you're not the original purchaser.

That said, give me some more information so I can research your situation and see what the other side of the story is. Posting this isn't going to get you anywhere with me and doesn't do much for your credibility with others on this forum.

Let me know.

Originally Posted by dr_whigham
If you know ANYTHING about a manual transmission, asking about a fluid leak is a very legitimate question.
Well said.
Old 09-09-2014, 09:13 AM
Launching!

I'll side with you guys on this one, idk what the situation was with my clutch but it's fine now.
I didn't start this thread to bash anyone or have someone else come in here and bash your product, nor did I ever bash your company..
100% I know I took too long to get my clutch back out, but you were willing to work with me even still.. that to me is worth it weight in gold alone..

I am in no way unhappy with the customer service nor my product, yes i was frustrated to have to pull everything back apart again.
even though I am still unsure of what happened to cause the issue in the first place, The clutch works as it should now and I am happy with that..

Thank you to everyone who tried to help with this, and a big thanks to Monster Clutches for their willingness to help even beyond my warranty period
Old 09-09-2014, 09:22 AM
FormerVendor

I'll side with you guys on this one, idk what the situation was with my clutch but it's fine now.
I didn't start this thread to bash anyone or have someone else come in here and bash your product, nor did I ever bash your company..
100% I know I took too long to get my clutch back out, but you were willing to work with me even still.. that to me is worth it weight in gold alone..

I am in no way unhappy with the customer service nor my product, yes i was frustrated to have to pull everything back apart again.
even though I am still unsure of what happened to cause the issue in the first place, The clutch works as it should now and I am happy with that..

Thank you to everyone who tried to help with this, and a big thanks to Monster Clutches for their willingness to help even beyond my warranty period
I appreciate that and am very glad to hear you're enjoying your clutch now!

It was a weird situation, no doubt, but at least now you're good.

Thanks for the kind words, let me know if there is anything else we can do for you!
Old 09-09-2014, 09:56 AM
Launching!

without a doubt we will do business again. I have a customer with a corvette that will be coming in for a clutch soon, and I have already made a recommendation for the clutch
Old 09-15-2014, 05:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 37 Likes on 21 Posts

id feel more then comfortable buying a monster clutch just from reading this thread. Iv never seen someone offer and go out of their way that much to help.
Old 09-15-2014, 05:55 PM
FormerVendor

without a doubt we will do business again. I have a customer with a corvette that will be coming in for a clutch soon, and I have already made a recommendation for the clutch
Great to hear!

Originally Posted by Spectre86
id feel more then comfortable buying a monster clutch just from reading this thread. Iv never seen someone offer and go out of their way that much to help.
Thanks for the kind words. We will always do what we can to help in any situation.
Old 08-25-2015, 07:07 AM
Launching!

:::UPDATE:::

Clutch had been trouble free for quite a while, This past winter I built a new engine for the car. (408 Stroker) I put about 5,000 miles on it before the build, and 11,000 after

And I am 100% Sure that the problem was in fact the clutch, because it is done now.
the only time it does't slip now is under normal driving conditions.
If I get on it at all it slips to the moon

So it is clutch time.. again...
Old 08-25-2015, 08:14 AM
FormerVendor

:::UPDATE:::

Clutch had been trouble free for quite a while, This past winter I built a new engine for the car. (408 Stroker) I put about 5,000 miles on it before the build, and 11,000 after

And I am 100% Sure that the problem was in fact the clutch, because it is done now.
the only time it does't slip now is under normal driving conditions.
If I get on it at all it slips to the moon

So it is clutch time.. again...
So you add power and the clutch lets go completely?

How much does the 408 make power wise? Give me more information and we'll go from there. I can get you individual replacement parts because you're an existing customer, just let me know.

Quick Reply: Monster/tick level 3.. need help quick..