Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Anybody come up with any creative ways to mount a 2 step switch?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 05:54 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anybody come up with any creative ways to mount a 2 step switch?

I put mine on my shifter ball and when i grabbed second i hit the switch again

I'm wondering if i can mount a switch under the clutch pedel or even on the shifter some how where it will only work in first gear position.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:26 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Right above the ash tray.all you need is a push button
Old 01-21-2013, 11:58 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I always just use the factory clutch switch, you dont even have to go thu the firewall you can tap off it right near the PCM if you wnat it to come on every time (I like that, some do too)
If not you can still use that, just put a montray switch inbeween that were you want it inside the car. These were on the LPE that wants 12v or ground to trigger it.

You can also use one the the plates that come with N20 kits. The square ends with a hole in the middle and 4 in the corners, and a arm with the slots. You can mount that right on the plastic block of the gas peddle, and out a micro switch on that (the longer arm ones work better). I've seen guys do that for WOT trigger, I have it setup for my trans pump. For a 2step I think it would be wrong, but they had it with a clutch switch too, Im not really sure how they had it wired, I could be wrong.

And you can mount a mirco switch on the shifter under the boot so the shifter arm, or a bolt, or the nub/block coming out of your shifter. whatever down low close to the base to keep it away from the upper boot. So it closes the switch while its in 1st gear only. That setup works too, but can me a PITA with the boots, and you need to make a stiff bracket. I worked on a car that had a shitty bent thin metal one and noticed could it would cause problems that it flexed. (it was off one shifter base bolt) And was kinda a pain to get ti the bolts on it to RnR the trans. it worked but you could have dont it better.

edit Like this. But I would mount it on the trans, so it moves with the tail shaft if you have rubber motor and trans mounts.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/drag-raci...ep-switch.html

Last edited by studderin; 01-21-2013 at 12:34 PM.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

http://www.ricksswitch.com/products-...hifter-setups/
bolt on deal

Last edited by studderin; 01-21-2013 at 12:34 PM.
Old 01-22-2013, 01:34 PM
TECH Addict

Now thats a nice touch, may have to order one of those before spring Thanks for the link
Old 01-24-2013, 02:02 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by studderin
WOW this is exactly what i was thinking in my head.I have the switch already and might build the bracket myself.

Quick Reply: Anybody come up with any creative ways to mount a 2 step switch?