Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Dialing in a McLeod bellhousing?

Old 03-19-2013, 03:06 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Dialing in a McLeod bellhousing?

I'm having trouble finding info on how to dial-in my McLeod bellhousing for an LT1 and T56. I've found threads were people occasionally say "yeah, you need to do it" but no one chimes in who's actually done it and says what's all necessary. Where do you measure on this thing? It was my understanding you have to measure relative to the flange that bolts to the trans, yet there's no bore to measure?

Here's a pic for reference:

Old 03-19-2013, 04:40 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Birdie2000
I'm having trouble finding info on how to dial-in my McLeod bellhousing for an LT1 and T56. I've found threads were people occasionally say "yeah, you need to do it" but no one chimes in who's actually done it and says what's all necessary. Where do you measure on this thing? It was my understanding you have to measure relative to the flange that bolts to the trans, yet there's no bore to measure?

Here's a pic for reference:

I see what you mean. With no bore I dont see how you can do it. Why dont you just give Billy at McLeod a call? 714-630-2764
Old 03-19-2013, 05:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

only way to really do it in bolt you trans form plate on. And indicate the crank center to the input shaft bearing bore.

little more aftermarket bell install info here
https://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-tr...-teh-diet.html

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dialing in a McLeod bellhousing?