Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

I have a Question

Old 08-11-2013, 05:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default I have a Question

It's a 2000 Camaro we just replaced Clutch,Fly Wheel, Pressure plate,Throw out bearing, Slave Cylinder. Previous owner informed me it has a Tick Master we haven't had this car to long. The pedal will drop when your trying to get on it, I dumped the clutch at 1500-2000 RPM's and it grabs fine in first gear. But when shifting into second you would think it grabs but car rattles a bit and you can tell it's some what grabbing and the pedal drops. So I'm thinking its master or slave I'm not sure thanks in advance !
Old 08-13-2013, 02:24 PM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

It could be the master cylinder. Check to see if fluid is leaking from the boot into the cabin of the car at your feet under the floor mat.

Leave a piece of cardboard under the car over night to see if it's leaking clutch fluid as well.

If it's not leaking, try this test. This will pretty much rule out the master being bad on a F-body with our unit. Un-hook the pressure line that runs from the master cylinder to the slave cylinder and gently(VERY GENTLY) try to press in the clutch pedal. If it is rock solid do NOT continue to press down on the pedal. This will indicate a healthy master cylinder.

If the pedal immediately goes limp or drops when you gently press the clutch pedal in, then you have a master cylinder issue.

Hope this helps!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I have a Question