Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

A+++ for tick performance!

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2013, 12:03 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A+++ for tick performance!

If you scroll down and find my thread I started at the bottem of the page about my disengagement problems, problem fixed!!

I ordered the tick master Thursday, received it sat( holy fast shipping!). Well I just installed it and completely fixed my clutch problems. I followed the sticky on bleeding the tick master and dr_whigams method and my pedal is 100 times better!

The clutch pedal is almost at the same height of the brake pedal, maybe a lil lower. The clutch engages halfway of the pedal, and no dead space or mushy part at the top. Nice and firm all the way down

I went and did the rev test, on a completely flat surface. I put in it first and rev to a lil over 5000 rpm and the car didn't move a inch.

Very happy with my purchase, and fast shipping. Thanks again TICK!
Old 09-22-2013, 12:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another happy customer from Tick! Congrats man.
Old 09-22-2013, 12:48 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks man, I'm just happy it's all fixed now. Been battling clutch problems for a year now. This is the best my car has ever felt in the 2 years I've owned it!😝😝
Old 09-24-2013, 11:35 AM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks for the kind words! Glad we were able to fix your problems!
Old 10-07-2013, 06:58 PM
Staging Lane

Just an update guys, clutch is fully broken in, I have around 700 city miles on it and everything was feeling really great.

Past couple of days I've notice the pedal was kinda inconsistent. When the car was cold, there was a lil mushy at the top of the pedal and went away when the car warmed up. I bleed, bleed, and bleed some more.

I reread the sticky at the top of the page, and reread the the instructions tick included with the master. For the life of me I couldn't figure it out.

Well I'm took a lil break tonight and sitting there thinking about it, and remembered when I installed the master I took the rod off with the hiem joint to make the install a lil easier.

I've read that the rod has to be adjusted all the way down going into the threaded rod going into the master.

Well I decided to check it, and not a supprise, the rod wasn't bottomed out in the threaded rod going to the master. I adjusted it all the way in. Then adjusted the rod that hooks on the pedal, then rebleed. I think this fixed my problem!! I will see in the morning when I leave for work.

Quick Reply: A+++ for tick performance!