Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Installing LS7 clutch on an LS1. Do I need the LS7 master slave?

Old 09-30-2013, 06:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing LS7 clutch on an LS1. Do I need the LS7 master slave?

So iv got a 2000 camaro SS. Putting an LS7 clutch, flywheel. And I'm wondering, do I have to put an LS7 master slave? Or will the LS1 master slave do just fine?
Old 09-30-2013, 07:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

LS1 style hydraulics will work just fine with this setup, although i would suggest replacing the slave cylinder and getting a speed bleeder from Tick. it really helped out with the bleeding process. I did not do the drill mod on my master and mine works great.
Old 09-30-2013, 08:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Futral had to make my stock master adjustable for mine to work right.... Different with every car
Old 09-30-2013, 09:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Blownbayou
Futral had to make my stock master adjustable for mine to work right.... Different with every car
Fair assessment, but of all the clutches to put on your car, this is by far one of the best fitting ones. i would also recommend an adjustable Master Cylinder like Blownbayou did if you can afford it. i went with a Ram adjustable one when my stock one went out, even though i didnt need it.
Old 10-01-2013, 06:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by trans_am7935
LS1 style hydraulics will work just fine with this setup, although i would suggest replacing the slave cylinder and getting a speed bleeder from Tick. it really helped out with the bleeding process. I did not do the drill mod on my master and mine works great.
Agreed - I used a new Autozone slave (made sure I got the "AP" one) and CMC. Also VERY thankful I bought the speedbleeder.

I did drill mod mine. Been running great, I really like the clutch on my otherwise stock SS. Mine seems to work just fine (knock on wood) with no shims.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Installing LS7 clutch on an LS1. Do I need the LS7 master slave?