Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Debating 4L60E to T56 swap

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2013, 01:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Debating 4L60E to T56 swap

Hey guys, I just got my motor recently done and now winter's approaching. I have a stalled auto, but I feel that I'd like a T56 more since the car is a weekend warrior/cruise night car. I know the conversion kits exist but where? I've only seen it on Hawks but their stuff is all used. I've got a pretty good grasp on the wiring and installation aspect, I just want to make sure I have all the stuff I need. Maybe you guys can point me in the right direction? Thanks!
Old 10-16-2013, 03:46 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 87 Likes on 78 Posts

I would thgink finding a wrecked donor car and harvesting flywheel back along with clutch pedal assembly. Cut off wires leaving connectors on tranny or harvest the wiring harness all togeather

I did a swap but in a B-body so fabrication had to happen...no donor "stick" B-bodys were made by GM.

you are light years ahead since F-bodys came in sticks...and there are plenty of them.
Old 10-17-2013, 11:44 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

well as far as i know no company exists that sells a complete kit per say. best thing to do is go to my m6 conversion thread and just go down the parts list and either find the pieces in the classifieds, ebay or buy new.

as far as the t56 goes tdp or rpm will sell you a unit outright but it will cost 2k plus as they rare built up and ready to roll.

Quick Reply: Debating 4L60E to T56 swap