Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Mityvac problem?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2013, 11:39 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mityvac problem?

What am I doing wrong. I have been at this for over an hour. Air bubbles are still constantly coming up. I am using it I. My clutch. Also will I damage my slave if I turn the vehicle on I am assuming if my clutch is not bleed correctly it won't let me into the gears but will I still be able to turn it on? This was the biggest project I took on and I missed bleeding the slave when I replaced it. The tranny was rebuilt by TDP and I took It upon myself to uninstall and install the transmission. Any help is appreciated
Old 10-28-2013, 05:39 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 87 Likes on 78 Posts

for me the MV just kept sucking bubbles. 5 psi or more it didn't mater. It basically sucked the brake fluid out of the MC. I wound up bench bleeding the slave then MC then connecting the line and bench bleed the MC/slave combo by pumping slave by hand with MC/resovoir elevated to get the last few bubbles out.. Mine is LT1, not LS motor so not sure what kind you have. There is no bleed screw on my hydraulics but IIRC the LS type has a bleed screw on TO bearing??

If your MC or slave has a slight leak...it will just keep sucking air by MV. and don't push clutch pedal in unless slave is installed or you will blow out the slave
Old 10-28-2013, 07:49 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You need to put liquid Teflon on the bleeder screw threads to get them to stop sucking air. You are sucking the air around the threads.

Quick Reply: Mityvac problem?