Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Tick Slave Cylinder Shims Help

Old 12-22-2013, 03:45 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Tick Slave Cylinder Shims Help

Hey guys as per the tick instructions my measurements came out to (A) 62.87mm (B) 49.82mm as you can see measurement (B) is more than 1/8 as per tick.

With both measurements I came out with a diffrence of 13.05=.514. I got all three shims from Tick but I was wondering if anyone here has ever used two shims or even all three to get within the measurements indicated in the instructions? Can anyone tell me what I need to do? I'm installing a Mantic Twin disk clutch and don't want to mess this up.

Also it should mentioned that im using a QuickTime Bell Housing with its engine plate.

Tick Slave Cylinder Shim Instructions:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-tr...need-shim.html

Last edited by Tirefire; 12-23-2013 at 07:22 PM.
Old 12-23-2013, 12:08 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tirefire
Hey guys as per the tick instructions my measurements came out to (A) 62.87mm (B) 49.82mm as you can see measurement (B) is more than 1/8 as per tick.

With both measurements I came out with an air gap of 13.05=.514. I got all three shims from Tick but I was wondering if anyone here has ever used two shims or even all three to get within the measurements indicated in the instructions? Can anyone tell me what I need to do? I'm installing a Mantic Twin disk clutch and don't want to mess this up.

Tick Slave Cylinder Shim Instructions:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-tr...need-shim.html
Call Mantic and find out what their specs are. The .0625-.125 spec they give are for general reference. Our setups, for instance, release at a different rate than stock so the gap can be larger. Mantic will be able to give you the information you are asking for, in detail, so that you do not ruin your $1400+ twin disc.
Old 12-23-2013, 12:09 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

P.S. if you cannot get a hold of Mantic call us and we'll walk you through the steps to determine what you need.
Old 12-23-2013, 07:21 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone else?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tick Slave Cylinder Shims Help