Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

LSX 8 bolt Aluminum Flywheel.

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2014, 10:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LSX 8 bolt Aluminum Flywheel.

Hey guys. My brother was looking around and couldn't find anything at the time for his LSX 454 swap into his C5. The other day he was searching again and found Fidanza Performance makes an 8 bolt flywheel now. Wanted to know if anyone has tried it as i dont know much about the Fidanza and their brand/quality.

Also he found it through a facebook link from a company called Pro Car Associates in Ohio, (Also found Fidanza is an Ohio based company).
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

I found it on there website for a little over $450, but I didnt see it listed anywhere else like Summit, Jegs etc, not even Fidanza's site?
http://www.procarassociates.com/cat-...-Flywheel.html

Anyway if anyone has one is the quality good? It beats the alternative of paying to have the crank swapped out to a 6 bolt like he has been looking into.
Old 01-06-2014, 10:32 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can get you a 18lb billet steel 8-bolt flywheel that won't have any issues with warpage for $349.99+shipping if interested. Chris, 817-750-2000
Old 01-06-2014, 02:47 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SNLPerformance
I can get you a 18lb billet steel 8-bolt flywheel that won't have any issues with warpage for $349.99+shipping if interested. Chris, 817-750-2000
Hello Chris, I take it you work/own monster clutches? Sorry I am also unaware of the company but I see you have listed only a 6 bolt flywheel online? would this just be re machine a blank to 8 bolt for your company?

Do these warp a lot? I only ask because of your wording?
Old 01-07-2014, 10:17 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FreshDA9
Hello Chris, I take it you work/own monster clutches? Sorry I am also unaware of the company but I see you have listed only a 6 bolt flywheel online? would this just be re machine a blank to 8 bolt for your company?

Do these warp a lot? I only ask because of your wording?
The 8-bolts aren't listed on our website yet as they are not as common, we have done them for LSX, CTSV and ZL1s. Steve is actually the owner, the comment on warping was about the steel insert used on aluminum flywheels as I've seen it happen and that is why we use solid billet steel flywheels. Don't hesitate to call if you have any questions or want to order and we'll get you taken care of.

Quick Reply: LSX 8 bolt Aluminum Flywheel.