Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

will a factory ls9 clutch fit 4th gen with t56?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2014, 10:15 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default will a factory ls9 clutch fit 4th gen with t56?

just like the title says... I'm asking because the stock clutch is shot in my 01 T/A so I want to do this once and do it right but I want as close to stock feeling as possible while still using a twin disk

Any other suggestions are welcome though. I've been looking around at clutches for a long time now and I really still don't know what is the best and I REALLY don't want to drop over a grand only to find out it's not what I'm looking for.

The car is all stock and my daily driver. I intent to keep it as my dd but I know how it is when it comes to modding so I'm trying to plan ahead on this one and set it up to handle some serious hp in the future.
Old 03-15-2014, 01:42 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by thetmeister05
just like the title says... I'm asking because the stock clutch is shot in my 01 T/A so I want to do this once and do it right but I want as close to stock feeling as possible while still using a twin disk

Any other suggestions are welcome though. I've been looking around at clutches for a long time now and I really still don't know what is the best and I REALLY don't want to drop over a grand only to find out it's not what I'm looking for.

The car is all stock and my daily driver. I intent to keep it as my dd but I know how it is when it comes to modding so I'm trying to plan ahead on this one and set it up to handle some serious hp in the future.
Absolutely not. Even the Katech adapter package has issues as the stack height is entirely too large!

Call us Monday and we'll go over your needs, we're also starting a sale next week that will save you some money!

817-750-2000
Old 03-15-2014, 02:00 PM
On The Tree

thanks for the info!

yeah after i posted i started to do some research and figured out it wouldnt work

ive heard nothing but good things about you guys so i was expecting to talk to you eventually about... and as much as i would love to take advantage of your sale next week, its still gonna be awhile before i can actually afford what i want

but as soon as im ready to pull the trigger i will definitely be giving you a call!
Old 03-15-2014, 02:05 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by thetmeister05
thanks for the info!

yeah after i posted i started to do some research and figured out it wouldnt work

ive heard nothing but good things about you guys so i was expecting to talk to you eventually about... and as much as i would love to take advantage of your sale next week, its still gonna be awhile before i can actually afford what i want

but as soon as im ready to pull the trigger i will definitely be giving you a call!
I appreciate the kind words!

We'll have the sale for a couple of weeks, so, don't worry too much.

Give me a shout if you have any other questions!
Old 03-16-2014, 01:16 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SNLPerformance
Absolutely not. Even the Katech adapter package has issues as the stack height is entirely too large!

Call us Monday and we'll go over your needs, we're also starting a sale next week that will save you some money!

817-750-2000
I'm not really sure what you're referring to. We have an LS9X clutch kit specifically designed for the 4th Gen F-body.
Old 03-17-2014, 06:25 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Katech_Jason
I'm not really sure what you're referring to. We have an LS9X clutch kit specifically designed for the 4th Gen F-body.
I was referring to the things necessary to install it-vs-the price, and the fact that the LS9 setups do not hold power and abuse well. Nothing against you guys as you found a way to stuff that big bastard in the bellhousing.

http://store.katechengines.com/ls9x-...ygto-p254.aspx

We use a lot of your product, and love what you guys are doing, sorry about the last post not clarifying.
Old 03-18-2014, 04:17 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SNLPerformance
we're also starting a sale next week that will save you some money!
Has this started yet, might be in the market for a clutch soon. Is it through the monster clutch site?
Old 03-19-2014, 02:07 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by David_viny
Has this started yet, might be in the market for a clutch soon. Is it through the monster clutch site?
Give us a call and we'll get you taken care of.

Quick Reply: will a factory ls9 clutch fit 4th gen with t56?