Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Bolt in T56 Magnum for 4th Gen F-Bodies Now available

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2016, 12:08 PM
9 Second Club

Received 179 Likes on 154 Posts

It's a pity with their LS Magnum they placed the shifter further forward than it would be in any LS equipped car.

Otherwise I'm sure people would have been more content just to buy their so called LS Magnum and adapt their driveshaft.
Old 01-08-2016, 01:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 228 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by jmm98LS1
While a direct fit 6060 from tremec would be nice, at least there ARE these bolt-in conversions are available. The t56 parts market has gone completely out of control thanks to tremec's refusal to continue producing replacement parts and the aftermarket only stepping up for select pieces. In the last 3 years prices for most hard parts have doubled or worse, and some parts are no longer being made by anyone.
That's why I'm glad I saw this D&D kit. I saw the prices of T56 rebuilds getting stupid and parts getting rarer than Honus Wagner baseball cards, that I wasn't really looking forward to the day I needed a rebuild.

This option allows me to keep my vehicle updated with the guts of a current transmission in a bolt-in package, and then recoup some of the costs by selling the old T56. Win. Win.
Old 01-08-2016, 04:02 PM
9 Second Club

Received 179 Likes on 154 Posts

D&D, Tick, RPM etc etc

They all offer F-Body Magnum conversions or can sell you a kit of parts to convert a Magnum to F-Body fitment

Obviously you need to do a full trans strip/rebuild to achieve it though
Old 04-28-2016, 02:14 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any update with those that went with d&d t56 magnum. I'm debating on rebuilding my t56 or just going for the magnum fbody drop in conversion. Budget is what's making me have to decide. If $$$ isn't an issue I would just order the magnum. D&d is the cheapest right now they just don't add the carbon rings to 1,3,4 as far as what the website says.

Quick Reply: Bolt in T56 Magnum for 4th Gen F-Bodies Now available