Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Tick master adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2014, 10:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tick master adjustment

I'm installing a tick master on a 2000 Camaro. I've got my old master off and needing to know do I take the spring off the clutch pedal. I've seen some instructions say remove it and some don't mention it. The Tick instructions that came with it don't mention removing it so I called and Tick said you can if you want but you don't have to it's preference. Any other tips on bleeding and adjusting would be appreciated. Thanks in advance
Old 03-19-2014, 07:51 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

I'll bet if you look down there (unless you have replaced it at some point) that the spring is already broken.

I'd remove the spring. The Tick gets rid of the floppy pedal that the stock M/C will give you without the spring and living without the spring just removes one more headache from your life.
Old 03-19-2014, 08:32 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 on removing the spring. When I did mine I found one side of it broken off and the other side barely hanging on. No telling how long it had been like that. I took it off and have no issues.

As far as bleeding, best way is to use the remote bleeder extension. Fill your reservoir, put the end of the bleeder in an old coffee can or something, crack the bleed screw and give the clutch pedal a few pumps. Don't let the reservoir run dry. Keep refilling it as the level goes down. I probably cycled 1 cup worth of fluid before I stopped getting bubbles. You'll just have to experiment with it.

On adjustment, mine was engaging right off the floor at first. I backed it out until I felt like it was engaging further up the stroke or where it felt about right. As long as the pedal is disengaging the clutch where you want it you should be good.
Old 03-19-2014, 03:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks guys..I got the master installed and bled. I haven't had a chance to actually drive it to test it out but with it running setting still it's shifting gears smooth and I pulled it up a little bit and the clutch is engaging and disengaging. It's got a nice firm stiff pedal feel to it. It seems to be engaging and disengaging pretty much in the stock spots and the pedal comes up to about even to slightly above the brake pedal. It's got a factory clutch in it. Is that about where it should be.
Old 03-19-2014, 04:56 PM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Yep. You may get some leg cramps as you get use to the stiffer feel of the pedal, but after a few weeks, you won't notice it and driving any other car with a slushy pedal will dive you nuts.
Old 03-19-2014, 05:34 PM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

90% of the installs we do end up dead level with the brake pedal, just slightly under it or slightly above it.

That "range" seems to be as good as any.
Old 03-21-2014, 11:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks everyone, I took the car for a short drive yesterday running through the gears. Everything seemed to be working great. I didn't drive it to hard cause figured it needed a little break-in first plus me getting used to it but it shifted smoothly at low rpms and down shifted with out me needing to double clutch to get it in gear. Very firm nice pedal. Way better than oem. It might just be my imagination but it felt like the clutch was also grabbing harder. Anybody needing a clutch master I'd highly recommend a Tick.
Old 03-26-2014, 06:15 PM
10 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

+1 for Tick master and removing spring (smoother pedal travel)...if it's in the budget, start looking into an aftermarket clutch setup to go along with it, much more enjoyable to drive than stock

Quick Reply: Tick master adjustment