Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Moody Clutch

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2014, 04:45 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moody Clutch

Ok so I was doing some some high rpm runs and and i noticed the clutch to have less and less pressure. Well I limped home and the next morning as I was walking to the car i noticed a puddle of fluid under the car. So right there i knew i blew the Slave cylinder. Well a friend of mine (Cajun Eless-One) came over and gave me a hand pulling the tranny. Well its out and sure enough the seals blown on the slave. Well I buy a new one (autozone Brand) installed it bled it and it felt great till i started to do some more high end runs. The clutch pedal gets a lot of slack in it but if i pump it some more it feels good again.

Do yall think i still have air in the line or is it the crappy knockoff slave?

I have a tick adj master and a LS6 clutch. just for a lil info.

Thanks in advance for the help. Ernie
Old 03-26-2014, 06:54 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

You should always replace both parts of the hydraulic system. You cant have a properly working slave without a properly working master.
Old 03-26-2014, 09:55 PM
12 Second Club

We'll new problem. The little clip that holds the quick connect in gave way and no more clutch movement. Is there a way to swap out the quick connect fitting for some thing else. The master isn't that old.
Old 03-27-2014, 11:55 AM
12 Second Club

Well it looks like I have a defective quick disconnect clip. I am thinking that this is why the pedal would get soft when running it it may have been leaving out. So I bought a factory style connection. I will post pictures when the old one comes hot and the new one in.
Old 03-27-2014, 12:51 PM
FormerVendor

If the connection wasn't sealing properly it could allow air into the system, which in turn would cause the pedal to be soft and inconsistent. Replace it and let us know how that affects things.
Old 03-29-2014, 08:21 PM
12 Second Club

We'll I got a new slave and man what a difference. Just a lil FYI STAY AWAY FROM THE BLACK AFTERMARKET SLAVES. JUNK. The clip is so weak it can hardly hold in the connection from the master.

Old 03-30-2014, 01:26 AM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

In another thread a member on here simply swapped out the c clip fitting end with the factory style plastic quick connect. You would just push the pin out at the bottom of the fitting

Playing around with both of them the new style seems to halve a better fitting throw out bearing, and tighter fittings around the seals to prevent blow out, however no one has really put them through any thorough testing yet that I know of
Old 03-31-2014, 10:31 PM
12 Second Club

We'll I've beat on it some with no problems. Minus forgetting to tighten the top torque arm bolt. Lol. You get kind of delirious at 1 in the am after a long day of work. And no more loss of clutch psi.

Quick Reply: Moody Clutch