Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Another Hydraulic Issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2014, 10:17 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Hydraulic Issue

So... after bleeding the system at least 10 times using multiple methods (JDM, gravity, Mity-Vac, and traditional) I still have tons of air bubbles coming out of the reservoir, when I use the Mity-Vac. The car has a Monster level 2 clutch, Tick MC & Speedbleeder, and Tick rebuild tranny. I just put in the clutch last week but the tranny was rebuilt in 2012 and the MC was installed about 1 year ago. I'm kind of thinking it's the slave but there is no seepage at the bottom of the bellhousing. IDK what else to do but I'm getting really frustrated with this dang car. So much so that I've been tempted to torch it on a few occasions. All kidding aside I could really use some input, and I've read at least 100 posts on here and other sites and talked to a few of my buddies who are GM service techs. Thanks
Old 03-28-2014, 08:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I had all my clutch problems a few months ago, I never did figure out what really went bad. I replaced the slave when I did the clutch and never found any seepage from the slave. I also did the Tick MC last, which fixed all my problems. I also had the speed bleeder, and I even had someone pushed the clutch pedal down and hold while I cracked the check valve to make sure it was holding. I never had bubbles like you, but I did bleed it a lot. So you didn't put a new slave in when the clutch was done?
Old 03-28-2014, 09:11 AM
12 Second Club

Check out the sticky for bleeding a TICK master. That may help you out.
Old 03-28-2014, 10:33 AM
Staging Lane

sleepinghawk yes I did replace the slave with a new one, and chevyman1968 I tried that its getting better just super slow. BTW I love that truck. I'm from New Iberia not too far from Houma.
Old 03-28-2014, 12:13 PM
12 Second Club

Cool deal man. I guess i was lucky that my bleeding process didnt take but about 15 minutes. Just a lil fyi stay away from the black slave cylinder from autozone. I just installed one last weekend and now i am pulling the tanny tonight and swapping it out due to a faulty clip that holds the quick disconnect in. So i bought one that has the factory style clip. You should come to the car show here in houma the third weekend of the month. The first one was this month but they have them till OCT. I wish my truck still looked like that.

Quick Reply: Another Hydraulic Issue