Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Stiff pedal when wot.

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2014, 06:43 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Stiff pedal when wot.

Hey guys I have had an issue with my clutch pedal getting stiff while wot, I can shift through about two gears while wot then it gets hard to shift, but 20 seconds later I can shift it just fine and during normal driving it does fine and isn't hard to get into gear I don't smell clutch or anything while this is happening. I have also noticed that after the car gets hot like driving an hour or so, at a stoplight if I have the car in neutral I can hear a little noise from my tranny, but the second I push the clutch in it stops. I changed the clutch fluid and it didn't seem to do anything and it was really dark. The car is a 01 c5z with normal bolt-on's and an ms3 cam the previous owner told me it has a spec clutch but you know how that goes. I have heard it could be the master cylinder, slave cylinder or the clutch any help would be very appreciated.
Old 04-02-2014, 06:20 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like a stock clutch that isn't up to the additional power that's been added imo, the noise I'd venture to say is a release bearing from what you're describing. Feel free to call me and discuss more to see if we can get to the bottom of things, Chris 817-750-2000

Quick Reply: Stiff pedal when wot.