Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Transmission having trouble going into gear!? squeeking noise?!

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 11:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Transmission having trouble going into gear!? squeeking noise?!

This is my first post on LS1tech, i have always looked to this website for help when it came to my Camaros and have found tons of usefull information and helpful people. I currently have a 2002 Camaro ss with the M6 transmission 96k miles. Just finished repainting her black, putting in new halo headlights, tailights and a few other odds and ends. Ive owned the car for about 9months now and i LOVE the 6 speed (before this i had a 2000 z28 automatic) .. I learned how to shift on the 2 hour ride home from purchasing this car lol. Im always pretty gentle with the it for the most part, hardly ever sees races in the town i live in. BUT im recently having trouble with the manual transmission, It has always been a little tough to push into gear ever since i purchased it. It never would grind gears or make noises, but recently when i start it up it wont go into any gears at all for awhile, its almost like it has to warm up, when i try to push it in 1st gear the car will slightly lurch forward a couple inches (same when i push in reverse) THEN finally after waiting a while it hesitantly will shift into reverse so i can pull out.. Also while the clutch is depressed and i start to slide my shifter the right or left i will get a slight squeeking noise fromt the bottom of the car. Once its warmed up and driving it shifts like it always has with no problems. Once this started happening i checked the clutch master cylinder only to find there was barely ANY fluid in there, i topped it off and pumped the clutch, checked again and the fluid was black and had what looked to be small peices of paper thin, black peices of paper like material. also idk if this is a huge problem but there has always been a slight chattering noise from the shifter (barely detectable) could my master cylinder be bad? the slave? or is it something internal to do with the clutch? ANY advice would be greatly appreciated!
Attached Thumbnails Transmission having trouble going into gear!? squeeking noise?!-batxss.jpg  

Quick Reply: Transmission having trouble going into gear!? squeeking noise?!