Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch chattering and losing pressure intermittantly

Old 04-23-2014, 09:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Clutch chattering and losing pressure intermittantly

Within the last month my clutch has started to chatter noticeably from from a stoplight in either first or second gear. The vibration has gotten pretty bad, borderline violent. It does not do this constantly, just part of the time after driving for 15+ minutes when the fluid gets hot. When it does start happening, it will continue until I park the car, otherwise I can drive it for an hour plus without reproducing the issue. There is a noticeable vibration at idle with the clutch engaged.

Additionally, within the last 2 weeks the clutch has started losing pressure at times and engaging near the floor, with difficulty shifting into gears. Again, no consistent pattern with it. Odd thing is, the clutch will either chatter from a light, -or- it will lose pressure and engage near the floor, but not both together.

Clutch, master & slave cylinders were replaced about 2 years ago (only ~4k miles ago) with stock parts. No issues after replacement until just recently. No noticeable leaking below the car, and fluid levels look fine.

Slave cylinder leaking?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Clutch chattering and losing pressure intermittantly