Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

PLEASE HELP- clutch / master cylinder issues?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2014, 11:44 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy PLEASE HELP- clutch / master cylinder issues?

HELP--> okay probably one of the most difficult posts on here in a while... So a brief overview of my car (1998 z28 camaro), I had an ls6 clutch kit installed last year as well as a tick performance master cylinder and they both worked fine together. Well then my rear main seal blew, and I had to change out my clutch again & this time I went with monster level 2 clutch kit...ever since I reinstalled this clutch shifting into gears has been TERRIBLE. Here's what's happening: If the car has been sitting for a while, while driving it, or just turned it off maybe, the clutch gets very very mushy and won't engage into gear or if it does I have to push in the clutch as hard as I can then it will grind into gear and go. AND sometimes after I drive it for a bit, the clutch feels great (not mushy at all) and goes into gear perfectly, but then out of no where it's mushy again... I noticed when I adjusted my master cylinder it fixed itself a little bit, but not much. So I'm assuming it's the master cylinder, but I'm really not sure...

Also, some extra facts: the fluid isn't leaking, it's is clear as well, I do not have bubbles/air in the line, the slave cylinder is fairly new (a little over a year old & it is oem), and I noticed when I get on the car the clutch becomes un-mushy and fixes itself for a bit before it is mushy again.

Please help, idk what to do anymore.
Old 05-25-2014, 12:00 PM

sounds like the same exact signs that my tick performance master gave me about 4k miles before it went out. i looked for a rebuild kit and couldnt find one however i didnt directly email tick either....

i went ahead and returned back to stock for now and ordered a stock fitting to fit back into the stock master.
Old 05-25-2014, 12:04 PM
Teching In

hmm okay, I mean it was fine before I switched clutches... originally I bought an oem master cylinder, but it didn't like hold power.. but then again I didnt do the drill mod either, did you do the drill mod to yours?
Old 05-25-2014, 01:03 PM

i actually havent even gotten in the part yet, the line for tick performance is still on there and i ordered the stock fitting third party. pretty sure i saw some where that that hole for flow in the fitting was already made at 1/8th in.

if not ill be drilling it for sure its just a small fitting cause like i said the tick performance tube is on my car which has a high flow rate already
Old 05-25-2014, 01:05 PM

i do know also for what ever reason on new cltuchs you do need to bleed several times with a tick performance from my experience as well. but once you get it perfect it stays perfect till messed with again in the future

Quick Reply: PLEASE HELP- clutch / master cylinder issues?