Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Need help figuring out some shifting issues..

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2014, 08:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help figuring out some shifting issues..

Hey guys I have a 2001 Ws6 m6 with 42k. I was having an issue with my clutch falling to the floor hard to get into reverse ect... I read through the site a bunch and figured out what direction I should go. I recently installed a monster stage 2 clutch, a tick master cyl with remote bleeder line, new GM slave, a new pilot bearing and also a lightweight flywheel. Now the notchy shifting is pretty much gone, the clutch no longer falls to the floor, reverse is easier to get in and I also don't get locked out of first at a light anymore. So to say the least I got some great info, and and happy I went the route I did, now for the only two issues that remain... I can not shift Into 3rd gear "fast" it takes a second or it feels like I hit a wall almost. The second issue that's happening is I can't downshift my car unless I rev match!? It's frustrating say I'm lugging in 6th on the highway and I want to jump on it, well now I match 5th then 4th then to 3rd and do a pull. Then if I go through 4th and want to jump to 6th to cruise again I have to wait for my rpm to fall before I can slide it into gear. I've ran two big full bottles of brake fluid through my master and slave with no change. I did a rev test to ensure proper disengagement (1st gear clutch in rev to 5500 - 6k my car didn't budge) also my disengagement is not on the floor kind of in the middle closer to the top. I'm kind of at a loss here guys, the new clutch and parts have about 900 miles on them now. Thank you in advance for any help resolving this issue, Chris
Old 05-28-2014, 10:15 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's strange, where is the clutch pedal adjusted in relation to the brake pedal?
Old 05-28-2014, 06:48 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SNLPerformance
That's strange, where is the clutch pedal adjusted in relation to the brake pedal?
My clutch pedal is about 1/4 inch lower maybe a little less than my brake pedal, id adjust the rod out a little more but I don't want to risk over extending my pressure plate.. I pulled the trans back out to make sure the pilot bearing didn't get compromised some how and all is well, its driving me nuts I don't know what else to try. I've been thinking of getting a buddy to hold the remote bleeder line in the reservoir and i'm going to try bleeding it for 45min to an hour and see if that has any affect. I figure that shouldn't be an issue as all the fluid is new and clean, maybe run a bottle through it first before I do that to ensure there are no contaminants first.
Old 05-28-2014, 11:36 PM
10 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

I would try adjusting the master to just about level with the brake pedal, another bleed, and see how it is...I'm same setup as you and I ended up pretty much level with brake pedal
Old 05-29-2014, 04:44 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by manzo81maro
I would try adjusting the master to just about level with the brake pedal, another bleed, and see how it is...I'm same setup as you and I ended up pretty much level with brake pedal
Alright I'll give that a shot, hopefully it solves the issues. If not I almost want my to send out the Trans to be gone through, I just find it really unlikely to have something messed up internally with 42k but you never know. I will update the thread maybe Saturday and let you guys know the results.
Old 05-29-2014, 10:38 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by manzo81maro
I agree, iirc you can go as high as 1" above the brake pedal if necessary. OP bring it up some more and let us know if it improves things.

Quick Reply: Need help figuring out some shifting issues..