Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

F-body – Did your Tick Master Line up?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2014, 10:38 AM
bsf
TECH Resident

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Default F-body – Did your Tick Master Line up?

I have been fighting the installation of my Tick adjustable master cylinder for ~7 hours. I have been unable to get the mounting block holes to line up with my firewall holes. I can get the top bolt in, but the bottom bolt just will not go in straight. I had to pull it back out and clean up the threads on the bottom hole once. Alone, I have simply been unable to get the bottom bolt started straight.

The top bolt is back in, but I am getting real close to unbolting it again and drilling out the bottom firewall, bolt hole. Has anyone else had to do this?
Old 06-24-2014, 11:39 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

you need a helper i think .
Old 06-24-2014, 12:53 PM
bsf
TECH Resident

Acquaintance was kind enough to stop over, but it still would not bolt up. Had to open the bottom hole up. Should have just done that in the beginning.
Old 06-25-2014, 08:09 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We hear of guys having a bit of trouble getting the holes to line up from time to time, and in your case I'm glad you were able to make it work, bsf. While our bracket lines up like a dream on the vast majority of cars, any factor causing the firewall to flex, sag or otherwise move (ie: a collision of some sort) could result in an issue with the bolts lining up. Even a fraction of an inch could make a big difference!
Old 06-26-2014, 09:07 AM
bsf
TECH Resident

Yes. I just needed ~1/16” more clearance on the passenger side of the bottom hole, and the bolt threaded in straight.

I will continue to wait patiently for the rest of my Tick/Monster swap package to ship. Will Monster ship the non-Tick items directly to me?
Old 06-26-2014, 09:23 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, and you'll be updated via email with a tracking number as soon as one is available. I apologize for the delay - this time of year, it seems EVERYBODY is behind on shipping!

Quick Reply: F-body – Did your Tick Master Line up?