Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

GTO 6.0 t56 vs. Fbody t56 (Clutch/Flywheel Question)

Old 08-06-2014, 08:37 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default GTO 6.0 t56 vs. Fbody t56 (Clutch/Flywheel Question)

I need to replace the clutch in my '05 GTO. This is my first LS2 car and GTO. I've owned Camaro's and Trans Ams prior to this. Can someone please help clarify what will and will not fit on my car? Will a clutch kit for an LS2 corvette work on my car? How about clutch kits for LS1 and LS6? I'm on a very tight budget and would appreciate any advice on low cost options to replace my clutch. If I buy a clutch that's made for and Fbody can I just resurface my stock flywheel for use? I've searched for answers but am having a hard time getting solutions. I need to fix this in the next few days so that I'll have a car to make it to the airport for a flight next week.
FYI: the car is a mild bolt on street car that will probably not be raced or driven very hard.

Thanks Guys
Old 08-06-2014, 04:31 PM
jmd
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

The dished flywheel and LS2/LS7 clutch must be used together.

The flat flywheel must be used with the LS1/LS6 clutch. So if you have the flat wheel and get it machined and and a new 2002 Fbody clutch, that's a valid option.
Old 08-07-2014, 09:07 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read in a thread on here that the 6.0 GTO's use the same flywheel and clutch as the LS1's and LS6's do. Can anyone validate that? I ended up ordering a stock replacement clutch and pressure plate (specific for 2005 Pontiac GTO) and was going to have my flywheel resurfaced at the machine shop. I don't think there would be any issues with this route but someone please give some guidance if I'm mistaken.

Thanks

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: GTO 6.0 t56 vs. Fbody t56 (Clutch/Flywheel Question)