Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Won't go into gear

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2014, 11:51 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Won't go into gear

So I have a monster stage 3 clutch..just got the car back on the ground from new trans and rearend..drove it for awhile with a used tick master..took my dad for a ride and went through the gears pretty hard..drove just fine when I pulled it into the garage..my brother comes over and I go to pull the car out and can't get it into gear. Got a rebuild kit for the master cylinder..and still same thing..great pressure, no air, but I did notice there is a squeaking sound coming from the slave or something..with the clutch all the way in I go to put it into gear it just try's to roll..any ideas what it could be...sorry for the life story....thanks!
Old 08-14-2014, 06:26 PM

Received 1,835 Likes on 1,145 Posts

Originally Posted by tmoney223
So I have a monster stage 3 clutch..just got the car back on the ground from new trans and rearend..drove it for awhile with a used tick master..took my dad for a ride and went through the gears pretty hard..drove just fine when I pulled it into the garage..my brother comes over and I go to pull the car out and can't get it into gear. Got a rebuild kit for the master cylinder..and still same thing..great pressure, no air, but I did notice there is a squeaking sound coming from the slave or something..with the clutch all the way in I go to put it into gear it just try's to roll..any ideas what it could be...sorry for the life story....thanks!
Sorry to ask the dumb question, but how far have you adjusted the turnbuckle? Were the locking nuts good and tight? There is a pretty specific procedure for getting the Tick master properly adjusted. Mine is about 1" below the brake pedal. If I make 1/2 turn from there, it gets notchy. Skipped tightening the locking nuts the first time, cause I was excited to drive and had to readjust. Assuming you changed the slave cylinder with the clutch...

Other than that, under what circumstances does it squeak? Would be worth calling SNL to ask about that.
Old 08-14-2014, 08:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine is as well about 1" below the break...and no I didn't replace the slave..I'm pretty sure that's what the problem is cause when I push the clutch I can hear the slave make a bad squeaking noise..like the spring broke and is rubbing on itself..if that makes sense..I'm picking up a new slave tonight and hopefully it'll be in and fixed by Saturday...
Old 08-16-2014, 09:26 PM

You're probably right. That sucks to have to take apart again. Mine did not need shimming. I think monster is designed to not need shim, but might want to verify the measurements. Good luck with the repair.
Old 08-16-2014, 09:27 PM

If you find it leaking, then clean your friction material really good or it'll chatter until you burn the fluids off

Quick Reply: Won't go into gear