Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

2000 Camaro SS M6

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2014, 12:36 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Camaro SS M6

Wass up guys,
I've been wanting to change my SS tranny fluid for about a month now. Done my research a lot of members say it's not require as long clutches working properly, I decided to call Chevy they confirm with me that it's not require if my transmission shifting properly.
We all know we can't take dealers advise always 100% true so this is why I'm posting my own thread to get real feedback from members who actually know what they're talking about.
I read that if I change ALL my fluids using royal purple my car can give up to 5HP more, some guy posted a dyne result. So should I change my tranny fluid at 104k?
Old 08-21-2014, 06:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I changed mine before 50,000 and wish I had done it sooner. For what little money it cost, why not. I saw the RP you tube video about the 5 hp, and read for years here on what people used. I used RP oil for one oil change and went back to Penzoil. Then I went with all my fluid change with Amsoil. Tranny, power sterring, clutch, brake fluid, and even paid $40 a gal for their anti freeze and change it out Was it a waste, who cares, it's what I wanted, and that's how I feel about my car. I have no complaints and plan on staying with amsoil. I change my brake fluid out and especially the clutch fluid every month after what I went thru with the clutch. Is it necessary, no. But, I don't spend the money on buying anything else but maintance for the hawk. You will find people who run the cheapiest oil and have never changed out the tranny fluid and never have problems. It's different for everyone on here.
Old 08-21-2014, 06:51 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Who told you that? You should change the fluid at regular intervals, autos go for 30k before a change. Dex 3 only goes so long so around 25-30k I would do it. I like redline d4 but amsoil is just as good.

5HP with RP is a bunch of marketing BS. RP has had a bad rep with engine oil's no way I'd be spending that kind of dough on their trans and diff fluids when amsoil or redline is the same price

Quick Reply: 2000 Camaro SS M6