Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Adjusting clutch

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2014, 05:21 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adjusting clutch

How do I adjust my clutch on a 2000 z28. Is it on the tranny? Or what it doesn't grab until about half way released. But I know it's not because of a bad clutch. I took it out and looked at it, it seems to be fairly new still.
Old 08-21-2014, 07:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

U can't adjust the clutch. U can get a tick master cylinder which u can adjust the engagement point. First thing I would do is to rebleed the system, u might have air in the system
Old 08-22-2014, 12:20 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by CaliboyTA
U can't adjust the clutch. U can get a tick master cylinder which u can adjust the engagement point. First thing I would do is to rebleed the system, u might have air in the system
Right on there is just so many things I am trying to do to that car I wish I could just come up on like 20k. 19 of it would go right into the car lol
Old 08-26-2014, 11:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

a while back i was plague with the sticky pedal syndrome that everybody complains about. What i did was product of elimination. I started off with the easy stuff like draining and rebleeding the clutch fluid with higher temp dot 4. That didnt work so i went with the tick master. that didnt work so i went with the slave cylinder. that didnt work so i went and replaced the clutch and that worked. I also live in the bay area also
Old 08-26-2014, 06:00 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by CaliboyTA
a while back i was plague with the sticky pedal syndrome that everybody complains about. What i did was product of elimination. I started off with the easy stuff like draining and rebleeding the clutch fluid with higher temp dot 4. That didnt work so i went with the tick master. that didnt work so i went with the slave cylinder. that didnt work so i went and replaced the clutch and that worked. I also live in the bay area also
Cool good looking out! Man I was having a problem shifting into third so I pulled the clutch it seems brand new still it was just replaced before I bought it and I put it back in with the alignment tool and now it shifts into every gear like butter. But I am going to go with your advice I need it to engage sooner
Old 08-26-2014, 10:59 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There's a rod that comes through the firewall from the clutch pedal. It's threaded with a nut. Kinda got to adjust it in until the the clutch release feels right. Keep trying.
Old 08-27-2014, 08:18 AM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Best driveability modification I ever did was the Tick master cylinder.

Quick Reply: Adjusting clutch