Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Blown T56 or Blown Clutch?? in my LPE 02 SS

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2014, 07:32 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Blown T56 or Blown Clutch?? in my LPE 02 SS

How's it going fellas I recently got my car back on the road after being down for almost a year, anyways I had a custom racing clutch installed in 2007 and it held up great at high rpm launches etc etc I never tracked it but I did race it quit a few times! So recently I raced a few buddy's of mine and I noticed that my clutch or tranny was starting to slip at freeway speeds in excess of 60 mph and up I would shift into 3rd and it would just slip and the rpms would jump and it did the same going into 4th and 5th so I'm no tranny expert but I have noticed that it happens bad when I race it and really get on it my car has 32XXX MILES on it and the clutch maybe 10K on it. The thing is when I drive it normal it shifts fine in 1st through 3rd but as soon as I get on the freeway at high speeds and I try to pass a car it starts slipping. I noticed in the last week that my clutch engagement has gotten really shorter then usual? I hope and pray it's the clutch and not my tranny going out? It has never stuck to the floor while racing so I just wanted to see if I could get some simple answers to my issue? I'm very greatfull for all help I really want to get my car back to 100% I've put over 3k into getting it up and running so I hope it's an easy fix I know I had a new slave put in with the clutch it's been heat shielded so it's set up well! If it is the clutch I'm thinking of getting the McLeod RXT or maybe a Monster but I'm loving that RXT because my buddy has it in his ws6 and it's bad *** and feels like a factory clutch mine is stiff unlike the RXT! I hope I gave enough info for someone to chime in on my tranny or clutch problem! I hope everyone is having a great weekend!! Thanks a bunch. Bb
Old 08-24-2014, 09:38 PM

Received 1,835 Likes on 1,145 Posts

What clutch hydraulics did you use? Still have the factory master? Have you done the drill mod?

On these F cars, the clutch hydraulics is usually a good place to start
Old 08-24-2014, 10:14 PM
TECH Addict

A manual tranny can't slip unless you've discovered some new laws of physics.
Old 08-24-2014, 11:23 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by fleetmgr
A manual tranny can't slip unless you've discovered some new laws of physics.
Ok thanks for the 411 I appreciate that like I said I'm no tranny expert that's why I asked my fello ls1tech brothers and sisters for some help or info but thanks tho Fleetmgr your awesome!!!
Old 08-24-2014, 11:35 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Darth_V8r
What clutch hydraulics did you use? Still have the factory master? Have you done the drill mod?

On these F cars, the clutch hydraulics is usually a good place to start
Thanks darthV8 as for the clutch hydraulics I couldn't tell you it was a custom clutch so I'm assuming they used a some good parts because it worked great for years! I believe it's still the same OEM master and yes a drill mode has been done when my first OEM clutch went out so before they put the custom one in they did put a new slave and drill modded it I believe and after that didn't work that's when they made me a custom viper clutch and it ripped but now I'm at a loss!!! That's why I turned here for info!!! LoL but there's not too much advice going around on here or maybe people are just to lazy to chime in and help a brother? LoL

Quick Reply: Blown T56 or Blown Clutch?? in my LPE 02 SS