Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

T56 into a Foxbody

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2014, 05:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default T56 into a Foxbody

I have searched and no one has had same issues so here goes... Has anyone put a T56 into a foxbody? I had to modify Team Z motor mounts to move the engine back about 1/4" so the Moroso Fbody pan would clear the TZ K member. Now the passenger side head is about 1/4" from the firewall which is fine I guess but the engine still seems to be sitting about 1/2" too high. I bolted the QuickTime bell on and it looks to be too high in the tunnel. Any thoughts?

Old 09-20-2014, 10:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Top bolts are a pain in the butt to get to even in the Ford applications with a Ford engine. Fox Body cars have a fairly small tunnel compared to the later cars.
Old 09-21-2014, 05:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This has become a huge pain in the ***! The engine is definitely sitting too high even after modifying the mounts and moving the engine back 1/4" and dropping it 1/4". Now the pan clears the K but the transmission is about 1/2" from lining up even after beating the living **** out of the tunnel. I also cut 3 unused ears off the trans that were interfering. I have modified the Team Z mounts and they are ugly as **** so when I get the motor where I want it my buddy is going to duplicate what I have, except it will look better. Had considered putting 3/8" spacer btwn K and frame but don't want to loose ground clearance.

I'm sorry but this Team Z motor mounts are way off from putting the engine where it needs to be. The engine is definitely sitting too high.

Last edited by SSSTANG#1; 09-21-2014 at 06:54 AM.

Quick Reply: T56 into a Foxbody